browco01

First piece completed! Hair on hide noseband

Finally took the plunge and bought a Cowboy 3200 (used) from someone nearby. This is my first piece. Bought 2 noseband cutouts to start with and already had the hair on hide. Used Fiebing's Leather Dye in Chocolate but need to find one that's a little more on the medium side as this one is plenty dark. The conchos I already had, ordered them from Ridge Stone Conchos (Facebook) a while back. Learned a few things already but excited to get making some more stuff. Have a 24"x24" piece of leather to work on the next projects and have more stuff coming in the mail. I'm hoping to figure out a good process for adding spots and crystals because a lot of examples I've seen (on Facebook from sellers) they do the spots after sewing and a lot of the time the spots are over the thread. Not sure if that will mess with the integrity of the thread or not. 

8_31_2020 cowhide noseband.png

:thumbsup::banana: Love it !

Great job! I took the plunge and bought a cobra class 3. What difference it makes. Could you put the bling on a separate piece of leather and sew it on. Might not hurt the structural (?) stitching that way.