Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

playing in the scrap box

i grabbed a piece of 1/4'' copper tubing.  the same stuff you would use to hook up an ice maker on your fridge

or 6.35mm   to you guys.  I flattened it out on my anvil,  then bent it to fit my wrist about 3/4 of te way around

then I glued a piece of deer skin onto the copper

20200903_222404.thumb.jpg.fb6da1373cdc9f3c98cc2734cf4c5405.jpg

After i glued it to the copper,  I used goof proof  from springfield it is a finish that has a tan cast,  mine is a little darker because i added a little dye

i rubbed the suede till smooth,  then just for grins  i applied a light film  tokonole and rubbed again 

This could be the start of a great topic. What you can make using scraps...

I think that your idea turned out great! I would surely wear it!

Way to think outside the scrap box:thumbsup:

That's two scraps that turned into something neat!  I wonder how it would look reversed, with the leather on the inside?  What kind of glue did you use?

9 hours ago, Grey Drakkon said:

That's two scraps that turned into something neat!  I wonder how it would look reversed, with the leather on the inside?  What kind of glue did you use?

the inside .  i use weldwood contact cement by DAP

I had fun with this today.  It was scrap. so it did not cost me a thing except my time. 

i was at wally world and the cashier looked like she could use a smile.  She reached for my stuff on the check out line and I slipped this on her wrist..She asked what is this for.  I said for just being you. her smile was worth the labor.  a win win 

20200905_011127.jpg.d02083a4bf157af4ecc2f75b5ba8068f.jpg

Edited by Frodo

28 minutes ago, Frodo said:

i was at wally world and the cashier looked like she could use a smile.  She reached for my stuff on the check out line and I slipped this on her wrist..She asked what is this for.  I said for just being you. her smile was worth the labor.  a win win 

:)   :thumbsup:    :notworthy: