Sign in to follow this  
RAMPER

A couple of options/questions

There are two machines for sale locally

Singer 112G139 and Singer 251-13.  I can not seem to find much information regarding these machines.  Will either/both sew leather.  I really want to sew firehose.

113G139.jpg

251-13.jpg

Really - no information? On my end Google delivers some good hits. Quite on top of the search results you find links to LW.net ;)

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/43014-singer-251-13-or-241-12-for-holster-leather/

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/69237-double-needle-machine-uses-singer-112g139-300w-1/

Basically - the 251 is a garment / tailor sewing machine and the 112G139 is an upholstery walking foot double needle machine for up to ~ 3/8" material but we do not know if your machine has been altered or not...

Edited by Constabulary

What type of information do you need/want.  I had a Consew that i bought SUPER cheap, but sold it and now wish I hadn't.

Well I ended up with the 251.  Guy on CL wants to trade for either a Juki LU-563 or a Singer 29K60  either with a servo motor.

What to do, what to do???

112W139 is a double needle walking foot machine.  In essence, a double needle 111W155.  The 251-13 is a bottom feed high speed machine used mostly in apparel.  Neither have reverse.

glenn

On 9/5/2020 at 8:06 AM, RAMPER said:

Singer 112G139 and Singer 251-13.  I can not seem to find much information regarding these machines.  Will either/both sew leather.  I really want to sew firehose.

The double needle walking foot machine can be operated with one needle and is capable of sewing leather, vinyl, canvas, denim, webbing and fire hose. The 251 is a bottom feed tailoring machine and not for leather or hoses. If you bought the 251 you made a mistake.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:11 PM, RAMPER said:

Well I ended up with the 251.  Guy on CL wants to trade for either a Juki LU-563 or a Singer 29K60  either with a servo motor.

What to do, what to do???

I ran a 251-13 for about 20 years.. a gray machine mechanic goes along way too.. it was geared for leather & had a walking foot...It did a great job on garment leathers, ( jackets & chaps and lingerie ..& everything in between.