Frodo

Always looking for a deal THIS IS HOT!!

Thanks, picked up a shoulder

Edited by ehvhram

I realize your talking about buying a shoulder but I don't consider $17 a sq. ft. to be a "sale". That's the sale price for their "craft cuts" a 30% reduction from the regular price... What a joke.

The last time I looked at veg-tan shoulder or sides at Tandy the stuff they had was absolute junk. It was bleached to cover flaws and the size of the sides were so small they looked like a single bend. 9 - 10 sq. ft. is awfully small for a "double shoulder". I just don't trust the quality of Tandy.

What happened to supposedly improving their prices? 

29 minutes ago, Ed in Tx said:

I realize your talking about buying a shoulder but I don't consider $17 a sq. ft. to be a "sale". That's the sale price for their "craft cuts" a 30% reduction from the regular price... What a joke.

The last time I looked at veg-tan shoulder or sides at Tandy the stuff they had was absolute junk. It was bleached to cover flaws and the size of the sides were so small they looked like a single bend. 9 - 10 sq. ft. is awfully small for a "double shoulder". I just don't trust the quality of Tandy.

What happened to supposedly improving their prices? 

10 sq ft  @ $40.00  Is  $4.00 USD per sq ft  I do not understand where you are getting $17.00 per sq ft

$17,00 per sq  at 10 sq ft per shoulder is  $170.00 per shoulder

PLEASE correct my math if I am wrong, "cause i am human and can be wrong, just ask Mrs Frodo   

On 9/6/2020 at 2:48 PM, Frodo said:

10 sq ft  @ $40.00  Is  $4.00 USD per sq ft  I do not understand where you are getting $17.00 per sq ft

$17,00 per sq  at 10 sq ft per shoulder is  $170.00 per shoulder

PLEASE correct my math if I am wrong, "cause i am human and can be wrong, just ask Mrs Frodo   

I wasn't referring to the shoulder like I indicated in my message. I said "Craft Cuts" which is another one of the "Sale" items. They are normally priced at $22 + but "on sale" for $17 +. Even at $4.00 a sq. ft. I would still be hesitant to buy the leather Tandy sells. There are just too many other vendors available online that sell a much better quality of leather than what Tandy sells. I would much rater pay a few dollars more and get leather that I know is good quality. 

3 hours ago, Ed in Tx said:

I wasn't referring to the shoulder like I indicated in my message. I said "Craft Cuts" which is another one of the "Sale" items. They are normally priced at $22 + but "on sale" for $17 +. Even at $4.00 a sq. ft. I would still be hesitant to buy the leather Tandy sells. There are just too many other vendors available online that sell a much better quality of leather than what Tandy sells. I would much rater pay a few dollars more and get leather that I know is good quality. 

I will not buy from Tandy because of the shipping cost.  

Panhandle Leather in Amarillo, TX has much higher quality leather than Tandy at much lower prices and Jim Blain's shipping is the best Rates I have found. And they get orders out quickly!

+1 for Panhandle Leather... I live less than two miles from them so the cost of shipping is really cheap for me...

Got a really nice veg-tan side from Tandy for $94.00 Canadian the other day. If you are able to shop in person, you can get nice stuff, as long as you go before the best sides or shoulders are gone. I got there while the store was still grading and sorting their shipment, and most of the sides were not that high quality: brands, holes, insect bites, wrinkles, etc. I went through quite a few of them before I found a really good one. 

So glad I live close enough to the store to shop in person. If I had to buy my leather from the States, shipping fees are ridiculously high!

Edited by Sheilajeanne