Jaan

Lining for CAS gun belt?

What does everyone like for the inside of a gun belt used for Cowboy Action Shooting?  Just one piece of unlined leather rough side in?  Do you like a lined belt with the smooth sides out?  Or do you like a suede lining?

Thank you.

I only make and use . . . two pieces of 7/8 veg tan . . . cemented together so hair side is out on both sides . . . and sewed . . . 

Or a folded 7/8 piece sewn at the top . . . it becomes a money belt.

Don't do anything else.

May God bless,

Dwight

5 hours ago, Jaan said:

What does everyone like for the inside of a gun belt used for Cowboy Action Shooting?  Just one piece of unlined leather rough side in?  Do you like a lined belt with the smooth sides out?  Or do you like a suede lining?

Thank you.

I use buck skin deer hide

I line with the same 8oz veg tan used on the front so,  "smooth sides out".

I've not had any issues.  Single layer will eventually soften or stretch. The double layer, glue & stitching is stronger and more durable.

JMHO

Rick

I am a Cowboy Action Shooter and have made several rigs for fellow shooters, the suede lining seems to keep the belt from sliding down. I think this might be a personal choice thing either works and I agree with rickybobby the double layer, glue & stitching is stronger and more durable.

My 2 cents.....

Johnny

On 9/8/2020 at 12:46 PM, Johnny said:

I am a Cowboy Action Shooter and have made several rigs for fellow shooters, the suede lining seems to keep the belt from sliding down. I think this might be a personal choice thing either works and I agree with rickybobby the double layer, glue & stitching is stronger and more durable.

My 2 cents.....

Johnny

I've done rigs with built in suspenders! For those that no longer have a waist or hips! lol!!

They're shaped like an upside down pear. Nothing for a belt to tighten up on, but everything else is pushing it down!