Hi all!

Looking for a spare part for what I believe to be an Adler 167, If Im correct its called a bobbin case opener. Can anyone direct me to a site or a part nr, Im wondering cluelessly in the internet without any luck.

Second Question: the bottom of bobbin holder or whatever is the correct term has a square pin that tolds it from moving under the footrest. This looks also very worn, should it be replaced too?

Pictures below.

IMG-20200907-192446-2.jpg

IMG-20200907-192425-3.jpg

Edited by Wizcrafts
Corrected bad html tags to embed photos

Hi Mihel,

The part number for the Adler 167 case opener is 067-00-170-0 and you can find the parts book here: https://www.universalsewing.com/images2/parts_lists/all/5ielk82n.pdf

Quite a difficult part to get though, we recently had an issue with a member trying to find the same part for the Adler 67. They are old machines. Difficult to suggest somewhere to get it since we don't know where in the world you're located. College Sewing in England (my go-to resource for parts) doesn't have it in stock and the price is GBP£138 (+ 20% VAT if you're in the EU).

Unfortunately the address in your photo links doesn't work. You can upload directly here so long as they are smaller than 1.4MB.

Contact Allen at Weaver Leather in Ohio.  He is in on Monday and Tuesday.  They carry parts for the 267 Adler.  Should be the same number.

glenn

20 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

Contact Allen at Weaver Leather in Ohio.  He is in on Monday and Tuesday.  They carry parts for the 267 Adler.  Should be the same number.

glenn

The O.P. hasn't included his location in his member profile. So, I looked up his geo-location details and found that is in Estonia. I doubt that he will be contacting Weaver Leather.

@mihkel Please add your location to your profile so people will know that you are in northern Europe, not the USA or Australia.

Hi!

Thank you for the reply.

Also mentioned location in my first reply.  Estonia, europe. 

Location may not be a big issue, rather a really high pricetag for a small piece of metal. 

Also thank you for editing the post!

2 hours ago, mihkel said:

Location may not be a big issue, rather a really high pricetag for a small piece of metal. 

If it comes to that the price of a new car is a lot to pay for 1000Kg of metal, and what I charge for a belt is a lot for less than 1 SqFt of leather. What you're paying for isn't so much the metal but the skill, knowledge and time that went into the part. If it were me at that price and trouble obtaining the part I would probably scrap the machine (or part it out) and buy another. I know what you're saying, you don't appear to get much for your money and it's a big cost if leather is a hobby for you rather than a business. Might be worth trying to get someone to TIG or braze it back together since you're lucky enough to have both parts.

You may be able to find a better price (and a dealer that actually has the part in stock) elsewhere. What you have now is the part number and a baseline price. Up to you to do the legwork.

Edited by Matt S

thanks for the heads up Wiz!

glenn