NDsoll

Noob could use a hand!

Hi there!

I'm pretty new to leatherworking, but have been messing around with some basics and now have a decent grasp on hand-stitching. I've made some bags and wallets, but nothing that is form fitting which is what I'm trying to do now. I recently got some apple AirPods and was looking into cases and saw this one. I've tried to get it like 8 times, but I just can't figure it out enough to make it leveled off at the ends and not bulging or stretching too far at the seams. Pattern-making is something I have pretty much zero knowledge in (not for lack of trying, I promise!) and each time I try it with tape, it gets all screwed up. Any help would be massively appreciated! 

Thank you!

NDsoll

BrownCaseAPG_600x.png

Except the bottom would just be one form that is sewed up the sides. 

What size is this thing?

I think the way I'd tackle it would be to make four wood bucks; #1 for the main body and #2 & #3 one for each end and #4, one of the complete shape. Then wet mould thin leather over/around the bucks. When they are dry I'd sew them together around buck #4

I think thats a way to do it.

Anyone else have any ideas?