Muganic

Hi from Australia

Hi all, I have just joined to browse items of interest and get some advice on certain things. I have had an interest in leather working my whole life but as a hobby my projects have been fairly sporadic. I have made whips, bosals, saddle bags,belts and knife sheaths. At the moment I am trying to get my old Singer 42-4 to feed leather properly. 
Cheers

Welcome aboard

Whereabouts in AU?  You might have more advice to give than receive considering what you've already made :)

Thanks Spyros, Kalangadoo, South Australia on a farm over here. I’ve done a bit of tanning now and then, fox, cow, snake and deer but used to get my roo for cutting lace from an old whip maker who tanned his own roo with locally sourced wattle bark. Unfortunately passed now. Not sure about advice - just keep reading and practicing, I did plenty of that learning to plait and tie heel knots etc. 
Cheers

HI Muganic, Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

On 9/8/2020 at 8:20 PM, Muganic said:

Thanks Spyros, Kalangadoo, South Australia on a farm over here. I’ve done a bit of tanning now and then, fox, cow, snake and deer but used to get my roo for cutting lace from an old whip maker who tanned his own roo with locally sourced wattle bark. Unfortunately passed now. Not sure about advice - just keep reading and practicing, I did plenty of that learning to plait and tie heel knots etc. 
Cheers

Hi Muganic

I am from Sydney Australia and looking to get a knife sheath (it’s more like a small sword) made that’s not going to break the bank.

I was wondering whether you were interested in getting some practice in and making a bit of money on it as well.

It could pay for some new equipment for you and I have several smaller things I want to make as well.

PM me if you are interested (or anyone else reading this who also happens to be in Australia)