AMule123

Seiko ch-8b reverse stitch issues

Hey all!

so I recently picked up a seiko ch-8b and have been having a good old time playing around. Problem is when in reverse the stitch length is roughly halved, which doesn’t make for a neat finish.

Thing is the previous owner removed the feed dog and fitted a slotted plate, and I saw somewhere on here someone mention the same issue after this modification.

so I replaced them, and not only did it not fix the stitch length, now the tensions out on the reverse!

The manual I’ve found hasn’t been of any help, and it doesn’t seem to be all that common of a machine, so being a relative machine noob, I’m having a bit of trouble. 

Thanks in advance!

sam

so after more reading, ive learned that im looking to balance the forward and reverse stitch length and tension. Would a machine specific manual exist that would show me adjustments like this? would it be worth contacting seiko?

G'Day from a fellow Aussie  :)

Not sure if this is of any help:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/77410-seiko-ch8b-manual/?tab=comments#comment-512159

HS

Not sure if this is of any help as well:

https://www.sewingmachinery.com/seiko/seiko-ch-8b.html

thanks guys! 

The manual for the 757 was helpful, but also a bit cryptic, for instance; "Determination of positioning for stitch length at forward and backward amount." 

granted, theres lot a i need to learn about sewing machines, but thats nonsense right? haha

it goes on to say that it can be adjusted by the position of the feed regulating set plate, which as far as im aware would only change the maximum stitch length, and not affect the reverse length. am i wrong?

might be time for me to call the dealer haha

thanks again guys!

Good evening

I have been reading this great forum for a long time and have learned a lot here.
Now I have bought a Seiko ch-8b and have the same problem with the machine as described by Emule.
With the reverse stitch, the machine only makes half the stitch width of the previous stitch ...
I have already read through the Consew instructions.
But unfortunately that didn't get me much further ...
It seems to me as if the feed regulating lever is shifted upwards in the zero point. But unfortunately I absolutely cannot explain to myself how to regulate that.
Hopefully someone can help me here.
(And please excuse my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.)

Best regards

I've never owned a CH8, but used one briefly 20 years ago.

I liked it from my vague memory, but I have read of many that didn't.

Seems like they don't hold up or stitch as well as a Juki or Adler and have fewer feed available?  

Sounds like a timing issue. I believe you can balance the stitch length, but I don't have any way to help out there sorry to say.