Woodshed

Greetings from northern Alabama

So, in January I was just going to make a few sheaths for some of my edge tools. Just a few and I'd be done. Hah! As someone who likes using my hands, I just cant stop playing with leather. There is so much to do and learn it's an adventure. When I found this forum (quite accidentally) I soon realized that there are thousands of years of cumulative leather crafting experience here. Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to visiting, learning and posting some pics, etc.

Welcome @Woodshed! I'm from right up the road in Huntsvegas. There are so many good pieces of info and instruction on here you could probably stay busy applying what you learn here for a thousand years or so too.

I'm restoring an old Plumb hewing hatchet atm. After re-profiling the bit and making it chisel sharp, it had to be made safe;  leading to this fun little project...

20200912_103254.thumb.jpg.94e92260760b5f94d40d2122f8330ccc.jpg

Edited by Woodshed
fix text wrapped around image

Greetings, I'm also new to the hobby and look forward to learning all I can. Good to see some Alabama (I'm in Madison) people on here look forward to seeing your projects.

Welcome @BIGSIZZLE!