Rossr

Pocket knife pouch sheath

With a big tip of my cap to Paul Long for his great videos on sheath making. I watched his pocket knife tutorial today and decided to try and make a pocket pouch sheath for this single blade Case Mfg knife.  

Wicket and Craig dyed skirting, red liner might be deer.  Snake skin on flap too.  Was matching the knife scales with the snake skin.  

Geometric stamps still need more practice got off a little but looks ok and it's just for me so I can live with it.  Machine stitched on a 111w155 singer 

I find small things more challenging but this one wasn't too bad.  

Open to constructive criticism as always.

Ross 

20200911_142720.jpg

20200911_142713.jpg

20200911_142618.jpg

20200911_142608.jpg

20200911_142657.jpg

Looks like a regular ol' sheath until there's a snake hiding inside! That's pretty cool man. You did pretty good matching it all up, the geometric stamping plays well with the snake skin and the scales on the knife.

7 hours ago, kiwican said:

That's sweet!

:)thanks. 

6 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Looks like a regular ol' sheath until there's a snake hiding inside! That's pretty cool man. You did pretty good matching it all up, the geometric stamping plays well with the snake skin and the scales on the knife.

I didn't think about the stamp that way but now u mention it I agree. 

Thanks 

Cool combination.  Just curious, any issues with flexing the snakeskin backwards?  also How do you put it on a belt?  Or is it not for that?  Nice work!

YinTx

20 hours ago, YinTx said:

Cool combination.  Just curious, any issues with flexing the snakeskin backwards?  also How do you put it on a belt?  Or is it not for that?  Nice work!

YinTx

Thanks.  So far the snake skin flexes fine.  No belt loop on this one.  It's a small knife so it's really just a pouch to slide in your pocket.  It's only like 2 inches  wide and a little more high.

Ross

Very nice detail and stamping.  I can see that in the pocket.  Good pattern for a belt sheath as well.  Keep up the extremely nice work.

@YinTx

Shown in my hand for a concept of size. 

20200913_200050.jpg

On 9/12/2020 at 9:31 PM, AzShooter said:

Very nice detail and stamping.  I can see that in the pocket.  Good pattern for a belt sheath as well.  Keep up the extremely nice work.

Thanks Az. Very encouraging! 

Edited by Rossr