toxo

Storage bags?

Where does one find the kind of bags you store/ship you keep your finished items in?

Please give me more info on your actual requirements and I can suggest certain bags in better detail

5 minutes ago, fredk said:

Please give me more info on your actual requirements and I can suggest certain bags in better detail

Handbags. totes. hats etc.

I know I can wrap em in clingfilm but there must be something that looks a bit more professional to ship em in?

1. for medieval type stuff and also for small modern items I sew up a leather draw-string bag. I have absolutely loads of off-cuts of upholstery leather which is suitable for these bags

2. for some modern items I buy in cotton material draw string bags, like these,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Plain-Drawstring-Cotton-Bags-Xmas-Sack-Stocking-Storage-Laundry-Bag/143068706266?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have a stock of these in sizes from 8 x 10cm up to 40 x 50 cm. In these usually go my board games. Playing pieces in the very small bag and the boards fit into the larger bags

Most shoulder type bags I've done have been for medieval history presenters and they've either collected from me or not required extra bagging. Only a few times I've wrapped a bag in tissue paper then boxed it. Getting a suitable sized box is a real nightmare so I prefer the cotton drawstring bags

Although I've just mentioned bags, hat et al go into these cotton bags if the buyer is not going to wear or use the item. When I did some market stall selling I never once used any packaging for main leather goods. Small items like beads or card wallets occasionally went into a small paper bag, like the ones used in sweetie shops.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Kraft-Food-Paper-Bags-White-Paper-Bags-Market-Sandwich-Food-Paper-Bags/392504666365?hash=item5b6319e8fd:g:jS0AAOSwGLZcctWy

I keep a small stock of these plus some better ones with handles on them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kraft-Paper-SOS-Carrier-Bags-Brown-or-White-with-Flat-Handles-Takeaway-Gifts/152603517592?hash=item2387e0e298:g:Z6gAAOSwBPNXSG-c

Although that link will hi-lite brown bags, white ones are better looking for our stuff

hth

Thanks Fred.