Just finished this first attempt at a strap for my Planet Orient watch.  But I could use some information.  Where do I find a source of supply for an orange and red ink based die?  The orange die is one of the ECO dies from Tandy.  I HATE IT.  The Fiebing's black is so much easier to work with!  Really need a die that goes beyond the surface with it's color.

planet orient smaller.png

Well, I see an interesting watch and "part" of a watch band.  If you wanted to show us your watch band, I'd think you'd lay it out on a table and show it.

My apologies, the photo was taken for Watch You Seek, I will endeavor to get a properly sized photo, as WUS does not have the restrictions on post sizes, 

Here is another photo showing the clasp and some of the leather working.  This was a basket weave using the Tandy Leather X811 stamp.  Since posting I have found that Fiebing's does make an alcohol based orange die (and red too) my Tandy store does not carry them.  So it is off to eBay I go.

P1010021 smaller.JPG

Sorry I'm just now seeing this.  Thanks for showing the band.

Did you use orange edge paint? Or did you roll the orange bottom up and lay the field of black over the top?

I love the orange and black together. You must have had a heck of a time keeping the black from going where you wanted only orange. You could also do an all black strap stitched with orange thread. I think that would look great too.

I enjoyed working on this piece, it was the second in a series and I am in the process of making a third.  The leather is not rolled over as asked by one, but rather I use my French Edger to taper the edge, die it , wet it and buff it to shape with a wooden buff tool I made that goes in my lathe.  No the edge is not done with edge paint but rather is in this attempt a water based ECO product.  The latest version, I have gone from the woven design to a custom cross hatch design modified on what Danne presented.  AlamoJoe,  I have been considering doing a piece like you suggest but I do not have the proper edger, and the club which does is still closed due to the Corona Virus.  Orange stitching is something I had thought about but I have had little luck in getting a thread mail order that is the orange I am looking for.  Same could be said of the dye until my Fiebings order came in, I love the orange that I got.

Will try to complete version three this weekend and hopefully start on my Halloween strap I have been thinking about.

In response to Chris623 here is the initial two color band removed from watch to show, along with the new skip space modification of Danne's design.

smaller both bands.JPG

second attempt.JPG

Nice work dude. I like the texture of it.