cobblerman

Cobblerman

I recently purchased a Singer 241-2,   I am a shoe/boot maker and I wanted to put a roller foot on it, which I did.  I had no additional needles for it. I cleaned everything ,  the machine had been used extensively on materials and the owners were extremely heavy smokers and every thing had heavy sticky buildup on it.  I for some reason loosened the needle shaft to clean and can' seem to get it back in the proper location.  The needle is shorter than any of my other singer machines and I can't find any info. on the proper size needle for this machine.  Any one that can help, I would greatly appreciate it !

@Wizcrafts, @Uwe and or @Constabulary may be able to help.  Also consider posting in the sewing machines section with a bit more descriptive title including machine type and issue, you may get a better response!  best of luck.

YinTx

Reading the operating instructions I saw that your machine uses either DBx1 or System 134 needles. It depends on the diameter of the bore in the needle bar. I would try the DBx1 first. If the shank is too loose the needle will be off center. Then you could try a System 134 needle.Stay with the best fit and fine tune the needle bar height for the best pickoff.