Sign in to follow this  
Bulldodge

Maker stamp

Just wanted to know if anyone has any information on a maker stamp. I want a stamp for tooled leather and for soft finished leather I don’t suppose there is a way to have just one stamp for both types of leather is there? I’ve heard of grey ghost graphics for a maker stamp. 

1. brass stamp. can be hammered or pressed into cased veg tan leather

2. can be heated, via a soldering iron or pyrogravure for pressing or stamping into chrome tan leather. Mine came with a M5 tapped hole on the back and a short stud which goes into either a soldering iron or pyrogravure

3. I got mine made in China for £14. size is 3cm across x 2 cm high, other sizes pro rata roughly

2124923874_LazyDActualstamp01s.jpg.b77b2712563c1de7cb47312f9e9a203d.jpg

41 minutes ago, fredk said:

1. brass stamp. can be hammered or pressed into cased veg tan leather

2. can be heated, via a soldering iron or pyrogravure for pressing or stamping into chrome tan leather. Mine came with a M5 tapped hole on the back and a short stud which goes into either a soldering iron or pyrogravure

3. I got mine made in China for £14. size is 3cm across x 2 cm high, other sizes pro rata roughly

2124923874_LazyDActualstamp01s.jpg.b77b2712563c1de7cb47312f9e9a203d.jpg

So you use the brass to hammer in cased leather as well as burn it into finished oil tanned leather?

Just Read your message again and answered my own question thank you for the information I will look into a brass stamp. 

I got my maker's stamp from Leather Stamp Maker (https://www.leatherstampmaker.com/home.html).  I submitted my design to them.  They worked with me to correct some design aspects to make it work.  Prior to making the stamp they sent me a proof for approval.  They made my mark out of brass, and they have a host of accessories to support using the mark.

Makers Mark A.jpg

Makers Mark B.jpg

Makers Mark C.jpg

Makers Mark D.jpg

Edited by Steve75

Just Read your message again and answered my own question thank you for the information I will look into a brass stamp. 

Thank you for information that’s very helpful!