Voyageurs

USA Made suppliers of buckles, rivets, and sundry

Hey folks,

I am looking to buy US made parts for my products such as buckles, rivets, and such. Don't want foreign made so looking for a decent source of US, Canadian and EU made products.

What's out there?

Are you looking for historical buckles rather than modern buckles?

Not US but UK 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUUjJibN4xw

If interested, although not cheap,  shipping maybe a cost issue too, i use some of their saddlery fitting and belt buckles they are nice. 

https://www.abbeyengland.com/buckles-fittings/buckles/bridle-headcollar-buckles.html

https://www.abbeyengland.com/buckles-fittings/belt-buckles.html

ignore their standard range and if interested email to check which buckles are made in their foundry.

And i do use their standard range for repairs on things that were cheap in the first place not going to waste good hard ware on cheaply made items, and to be fair the standard range is not bad at all,  just don't know where it has been sourced. Also have a look all and their buckles and hardware email them to satisfy yourself where they are being made.

Also have a look at C.S. Osborne theirs tools are made in the US maybe theirs rivets and fitting are too.

Hope this helps

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

2 hours ago, viasacra89 said:

As far as made in the US, i can only think of Buckleguy.

Buckleguy's hardware is made in China.

All great options and thank you. the Rocky Mountain looks very promising as it lists the MFG as well!

On 10/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, Voyageurs said:

Hey folks,

I am looking to buy US made parts for my products such as buckles, rivets, and such. Don't want foreign made so looking for a decent source of US, Canadian and EU made products.

What's out there?

Hillside Harness 330-893-1510 between 8:00am-10:30am EST.    4205 TR 629.    Millersburg, Oh 44654

They are Amish, so call and ask for their catalog between said time.  They make a good share of their hardware and have an endless supply of hardware molds. 

Great supplies, leather and finishes as well.

There was a company Bufflao Brothers or something simliar in Albuquerque that I use to buy logo snaps from. I can't find them on the internet right now. 

Hate to say it but those are amongst the hardest things to find. Have a friend that works for a distributor that sells to Tandy and others.. He told me if it is small hardware (buckles, clasp, etc) it involves machinist. If it involves machinist it involves the Unions and if Unions are involved it makes the parts too expensive to be made in the USA and be profitable unless made  by small companies that are mostly family run foundry's. That's why the biggest majority are made in China, Malasia and India.