Stevenast

111w113 material feeding problem

I just inherited a singer 111w113 from my mom. When I got it home the feed dog won’t feed material. Weird thing is that it was working at her house. I’m assuming that something is out of adj, however cannot find any info on how to ck machine or adj. Any advice would be appreciated. Steve

Maybe you turned the stitch length to “0”?

A little quality time with the manual may help:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/364311/Singer-111w112.html#manual

This is how the feed regulator on your machine works:

Edited by Uwe

Hello Uwe  just wanted you to know that this morning I got the 153 running smooth. You were right it was a timing issue. This video above was instrumental in helping me fix that and it had all to do with the stitch length knob.   You have another video on YouTube 12 minutes long dealing with timing issues that was very helpful also. Thank you so much, 
kidkowboy

Thanks for your help. It turned out to be the stitch length know after all. It was turned out all the way out. Adj it back to a 7 and works perfectly. I had looked at the manual that you referenced but really couldn’t make heads or tails out of it. I’ll spend a little more time with it and see if it makes more sense. Thanks again. Steve

Edited by Stevenast
Didn’t type correctly