I spray painted my boots but the paint keeps coming off when I wear them. Any ideas on what I could do?

2 hours ago, Kfm123 said:

Any ideas on what I could do?

Post a picture so we can see what this looks like. Also, what type of paint did you use?

On 10/7/2020 at 10:30 PM, Kfm123 said:

I spray painted my boots but the paint keeps coming off when I wear them. Any ideas on what I could do?

66AF318C-52BF-427B-BC26-2B565CF792F1.jpeg.38fa19a043756036b00dff72da98a27d.jpeg

D18702BE-BD5D-4C4A-BC56-AE890867461F.jpeg

It’s difficult to see in the photo but the boot is fading to brown as the silver paint is coming off at the bottom under the laces.

6 hours ago, Kfm123 said:

It’s difficult to see in the photo but the boot is fading to brown as the silver paint is coming off at the bottom under the laces.

Did you seal the paint with anything? After applying stain or paint, any people here seal the leather with Fiebing's Acrylic Resolene Leather Finish. There are other options, so maybe someone will chime in with their favorites.

I read online that makeup fixer/primer should work so I sprayed that on and it still came off. If you touch them, your finger goes silver as the paint is just rubbing right off. Aww thanks, I’ll look into buying that and hopefully that’ll be a solution.