chainftw

$200 belt roller embosser

Hey everyone ,

Just wanted to see what everybody’s thoughts were on a $200 belt embosser that you could take the embossing rolls that anybody makes and put on this machine . It’s very very simple to use and all steel construction with heavy duty bearings and adjustable height for different thicknesses of leather. Hand crank , and Made in the USA by me..

.Do you think there Would be a market for it , Again for about $200 . 
thanks 

Paul 

Pictures would help. 

Yes pictures would help to answer your question.

16 minutes ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

Pictures would help. 

I do  realize that but it’s in design .Should be ready to Go in about two weeks . just wanted to see if I should possibly market it since I made and designed  this for myself , because $600 for one seems ridiculous.

I can not market. but may be interested in buying one for myself. If that would work for you.

17 minutes ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

I can not market. but may be interested in buying one for myself. If that would work for you.

Ok thanks .

Hopefully 2 more weeks , the shafts where machined the wrong size!!! 

I think this sounds like a great idea.  We've been searching for an affordable leather embossing machine (for belts, etc.) and this sounds great.

I currently own 2 belt embossers, Speedy from Tandy, and a Tippmann. Neither is adjustable enough to accept the taller rolls made by Bunkhouse Tools who has a lot of different designs. I believe that if you can make something that can accommodate rolls made by Bunkhouse Tools, Weaver, or whoever else makes them, you will have a small market. There's a reason Weaver recently entered the Belt Embossing market, people like buying belts. You won't get rich, but you may pay some bills. So, I'm interested too.

As a ex businessman, are you sure you can make enough profit on $200, there are lots of extra costs on selling things

For example you can make a speed reducer from standard parts for about $50 but making it , selling costs and time costs in making, talking to customers, packaging, going to post office etc all add up considerably

I would be interested. I've been thinking about getting my own embosser for a while but the prices have held me back.

On 10/11/2020 at 11:19 AM, chainftw said:

I do  realize that but it’s in design .Should be ready to Go in about two weeks . just wanted to see if I should possibly market it since I made and designed  this for myself , because $600 for one seems ridiculous.

I’m interested. Did you make one yet? 

I have one I'm selling - but not for that price.  That's under my "buddy" price.  You see 'em for twice that and they sell quickly - so if you can make one that works reliably and sell for $200 I would think you would stay busy for a bit.  I recommend stop discussing and start doing.  Has it been two weeks yet?

4 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I have one I'm selling - but not for that price.  That's under my "buddy" price.  You see 'em for twice that and they sell quickly - so if you can make one that works reliably and sell for $200 I would think you would stay busy for a bit.  I recommend stop discussing and start doing.  Has it been two weeks yet?

A little confused here. I mean, the whole “stop discussing and start doing” thing. Is this not a forum? Did someone not say they are building one and curious about the market months ago? 
I mean, I just don’t really know how to take your reply. Was it you that said that, or just you answering my question to him? 
If you have one for sale, I would like to know the price and what you have. 
Being on a public forum, I’m assuming everyones not getting a “buddy” price, yet I am also assuming a “buddy” price wouldn’t be advertised. 

I'm interested, but pictures would be helpfunctie. Prices here in Holland are ridicule, and handmachines are not available for small businesses. 

45 minutes ago, jrny4wrd said:

If you have one for sale, I would like to know the price and what you have. 
Being on a public forum, I’m assuming everyones not getting a “buddy” price, yet I am also assuming a “buddy” price wouldn’t be advertised. 

We do NOT have one for sale.  We HAD one for sale, but my buddy spoke up said he wants it, and he gets the "buddy" price.... I wouldn't list it for sale at the price HE gets (including about 9 er 10 embossing rolls tossed in).

So I was simply answering the guy's original question... YES, YOU SHOULD make them and list them if you can do it for $200.

I just wanted to state that I'm also very interested in the $ 200,- machine.

32 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

We do NOT have one for sale.  We HAD one for sale, but my buddy spoke up said he wants it, and he gets the "buddy" price.... I wouldn't list it for sale at the price HE gets (including about 9 er 10 embossing rolls tossed in).

So I was simply answering the guy's original question... YES, YOU SHOULD make them and list them if you can do it for $200.

Oh, sorry. Thought you replied to mine. Makes sense now. Lol

31 minutes ago, jrny4wrd said:

Oh, sorry. Thought you replied to mine. Makes sense now. Lol

No trouble -- I'd prefer a guy ask just like you did than assume he knew what I meant, when he DIDN"T know what I meant ;)

On 11/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, MacPruette said:

I currently own 2 belt embossers, Speedy from Tandy, and a Tippmann. Neither is adjustable enough to accept the taller rolls made by Bunkhouse Tools who has a lot of different designs. I believe that if you can make something that can accommodate rolls made by Bunkhouse Tools, Weaver, or whoever else makes them, you will have a small market. There's a reason Weaver recently entered the Belt Embossing market, people like buying belts. You won't get rich, but you may pay some bills. So, I'm interested too.

Do you have experience with a bunkhouse machine? I wonder how they compare to the cowboy that seems like all the other belt rollers on eBay. or even if they fit the same rollers.

I am definitely interested. 

At $200 (even if it's in USD) then I am interested.

So its been 4 months on something he said he needed 2 weeks.I guess he found better things to do:youwish: