Sign in to follow this  
Shenandoah

Tandy Black Dye bleading

I used Tandy Black Pro Dye and sealed it with Aussie Wax.  Still have some rub off.  Can I seal the dye after already applying the Aussie Wax.

G'Day...from Aussie land 

You may have some difficulty there. Perhaps you could try that on some scraps first?  I would think that the sealer wouldn't adhere . 

Check this out, it may help: 

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/91870-dyed-leather-bleeding/

HS

Aussie is not for sealing/finishing. Fiebing's leather balm with atom wax is a good seal that goes well with Aussie. 

I have Fiebing's leather balm, but was afraid to use it.  I have never used it before.  I am still using Tan-Kote even though I know it is not the best product to use.   I also have Resolene, but as before am afraid to use it.  I quess my skills need to be expanded for a better finish.  Do you think that the leather balm would help seal the black over the Aussie Wax.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:18 PM, Shenandoah said:

I have Fiebing's leather balm, but was afraid to use it.  I have never used it before.  I am still using Tan-Kote even though I know it is not the best product to use.   I also have Resolene, but as before am afraid to use it.  I quess my skills need to be expanded for a better finish.  Do you think that the leather balm would help seal the black over the Aussie Wax.

Trial and error. Just try things out and see if they work out. Leather balm is designed to seal. It has been working out for me. Apply the leather balm and apply aussie over it. It should seal the dye. 

p.s. If Tan-Kote is edge kote from fiebing's, its for the edges. 

Your work flow might be off.  I finish with an acrylic sealer (2 coats) then was with Atom wax.  The wax brings back a bit of the shine.  Next time seal first, then wax.