Sign in to follow this  
climent

Consew 206rb-1 replacement part.

After months of searching and waiting for a good deal, I managed to secure a Consew 206rb-1 for a reasonable price. It came yesterday on the mail and the shipping company damaged a couple of pieces. The most important one is the feed regulator lever (I believe it is part #18025). It is bent and probably will not be able to fix it doing some unbending. I have already removed it by opening the upper lid and accessing the screw that allows it to move out, and managed to remove without problems the stitch length adjusting block, the setting screw/knob and the "wing" with the spring and ball that holds the rotation of the knob. All that to say that I can manage the repair myself. ;)

I am looking for a replacement lever, and found some places on the interwebs that sells it, but some are $50+ and some are ~$7. That is confusing. Is the $50 one a scam? Or is the $7 such low quality that I should stay away?

Does anyone have some opinions? If so, I would like to hear them.

My guess, based upon my ebaying, is that the much cheaper parts are usually shipped to you directly from China, Honk Kong, Taiwan, or elsewhere in the Orient. It could take a month to arrive. The higher price parts are usually in-Country. I would check the location before hitting the Buy Now button.

Another reason for price discrepancies like that are when you buy authentic replacement parts from a brand's manufacturer, vs aftermarket parts from the Orient. The accuracy of the AM parts may vary widely.

If eBay doesn't work out, try Southstarsupply.com

I recently ordered 206rb parts from them, and the correct parts came at a fairly reasonable price.  It took a few weeks for them to gather all the parts I needed, and send in one shipment.  

Good luck with it.

Approx. $50 is what you should expect to pay for these parts genuine Seiko.  Generic quality should be good too, if you can find it.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:46 PM, Pintodeluxe said:

If eBay doesn't work out, try Southstarsupply.com

I recently ordered 206rb parts from them, and the correct parts came at a fairly reasonable price.  It took a few weeks for them to gather all the parts I needed, and send in one shipment.  

Good luck with it.

I thought I had good luck, but alas, I did not.

I sent them an email requesting help with the part (consew #18025) and received a response indicating that the part had been replaced with another part number. Sure, for $14, I will do it. The catch is that they required a $50 purchase. Sure, I need a knee lift. Done, all $60.

I received the parts yesterday. The "lever" is nothing like a lever. It is another piece that has no resemblance to the screw piece I was expecting. And the knee lever is subpar: the quality of the molding would make any QA line scream their lungs out, not counting the rust that is covering all the pieces.

I immediately sent a reply and I am still waiting for them to contact me back to proceed with a return. I will update this thread when I get some extra info.

Reporting back: Happy ending!

The replacement for the bent piece has finally arrived. The company re-sent the part without extra charge, which was a very nice touch and an indication of a quite good customer service.

The piece is now installed in the machine and ready for a final setup.