Many people have mental health concerns from time to time. But a mental health concern becomes a mental illness when ongoing signs and symptoms cause frequent stress and affect your ability to function. 

A mental illness can make you miserable and can cause problems in your daily life, such as at school or work or in relationships. In most cases, symptoms can be managed with a combination of medications and talk therapy (psychotherapy).

Anyone who is suffering these problems?

Not suffering any problems myself, but I have seen evidence of a lot of folk with untreated mental health issues over this year.   It’s something many still refuse to talk about, never mind seek treatment.   This is especially so in men, who, at least in some cultures, see mental health as a sign of weakness, and not a real illness.

There is no shame in asking for help, or even discussing things with a close friend, and although I can vouch for the fear of talking about it having lessened greatly in men in the UK, many still have difficulty in taking that first step.