Lostranger

Opinions on Cowboy CB6900

Considering adding another medium duty stitcher. It will not replace my CB 227R, but will be set up to run slightly heavier thread. Been considering one of the 341 clones, but I happened onto a video demoing the CB 6900. It looks interesting, but I’ve yet to find a price or any user feedback. Do any of you use one? I’d love to share that experience.

Thanks and Shalom

Jim in Marion, NC

From the model number I suspect that it is a clone of an Adler 69 series machine. Call Bob Kovar (primary Cowboy dealer in the USA) to get more info on that machine. His toll free number is: 866-362-7397. Let us know what you learn.

I have a TechSew 4800 which is, I believe, the same as the CB 6900 and I'm very happy with it. Full disclosure here, this is my first and only leather sewing machine so I have no other machine experience to compare it to.

I'd intended to buy the Techsew 2750 which is their 341 clone and I'm glad I spent the extra money on the 4800. (I literally went to the the website to place the order for the 2750 and the home page opened to the 4800. It caught my attention, I asked a few questions on this forum, looked into the Juki 1342 specs, talked with Ron at Techsew and went for it.)

It sews 207 thread top and bottom all day without any problems and I've successfully tested it with 277 thread on top and 207 on the bottom. I also appreciate the onboard bobbin winder and walking foot ratio adjustment. The only problem I've experienced was that it was sewn off with a lighter thread/needle and I started breaking needles on 138 thread. I reset the needle position and that took care of things.

I'm very happy with the machine.

Regards,

Arturo

Great, now Cowboy is actively trying to confuse people with their model numbering.

The Cowboy CB-6900 is clearly a clone of the Juki LS-1341, and not even remotely related the Adler 69. Why they don’t simply call it the Cowboy CB-1341 is beyond be. I’d avoid the Cowboy CB-6900 just because of the stupid name. Whoever came up with that model name needs to be slapped. 

The original Juki LS-1341 is a very nice design in my opinion, I’ve been trying to get my hands on one for a while now

Edited by Uwe

37 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Great, now Cowboy is actively trying to confuse people with their model numbering.

The Cowboy CB-6900 is clearly a clone of the Juki LS-1341, and not even remotely related the Adler 69. Why they don’t simply call it the Cowboy CB-1341 is beyond be. I’d avoid the Cowboy CB-6900 just because of the stupid name. Whoever came up with that model name needs to be slapped. 

The original Juki LS-1341 is a very nice design in my opinion, I’ve been trying to get my hands on one for a while now

Uwe,to confuse you more,we call it 1341 here in the US but Techsew calls their 1341 model 4800 so according to you "they need slapped"or is their model ok with you since it's Techsew??