shoepatcher

singer 29 sewing foot part #8666

Someone a while ago in Australia was advertising that they had the singer29K foot #8666 being built in China.  Anyone remember who that was and if they have any left?

glenn

I noticed the number in the 29K manual but whats actually the difference? I mean technically.

Will check what # my feet have - never did...

grafik.thumb.png.ec47c55ac99c02614016d5951f51b5c9.png

Oh - I have an OEM Singer foot with #8666. I thought it is just the standard coarse foot. :blink:

Not sure what the difference is compared with the standard coarse foot.

But if you ask me it just look like the standard Adler 30 coarse foot. I will take some pictures tomorrow....

Edited by Constabulary

These are the two feet I have.  The two numbers are mentioned in the 29K1 - 29K33 manual as standard feet that come with the machine. Dunu what the difference to the later feet mentioned in the 29K71 - 29K73 series manual is.

IMG_3635.JPG.cd3897f30671a54e62faf4d0acf2acaa.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG.7619047698e7b2e773770c41109f77da.JPG

thanks C

Feeding foot #8666 is specific for the 29K58 & 29K60 Waxed Thread. All others use different feet.

Actually it was on for the long arm big bobbin Singer shoepatchers  29K 55, 60, 72, 172.

glenn

I bought a 29K60 from a cobbler’s estate. It stitches nice, but won’t pick up its foot. It shuffles, so it drags the leather fore & back again. Consequently, unless I pull the leather along, all the stitches land in the same hole. ☹️

Before dismantling the thing, which could turn out worse, would CONSTABULARY consider selling me that #8666 foot?

26 minutes ago, DLee said:

Before dismantling the thing, which could turn out worse, would CONSTABULARY consider selling me that #8666 foot?

He wouldn´t cause he only has one of them ;)

======

Have you checked the foot lift adjuster on your machine and have set the stitch length adjuster to a longer stitch length?

Have you read the manual?

To start with something - please post some good clear pictures of your machine from front and back.

1 hour ago, DLee said:

I bought a 29K60 from a cobbler’s estate. It stitches nice, but won’t pick up its foot. It shuffles, so it drags the leather fore & back again. Consequently, unless I pull the leather along, all the stitches land in the same hole. ☹️

On the backside of the machine there's a wingnut adjustment that has L,M,H loosen the wingnut & move it so the line is on the H & report back what happens.

DLee.   You can go to the 29K72 book.  Almost same machine but for a few parts.  They have and exploded view of the machine.  I may have one.  Let me look.

glenn