Christine98

Help!! CB4500 fuse keeps blowing

I hope you all can help and give some advice on what I can do fix my machine. Last week was sewing along and the machine just stops. Checked the fuse it was blown. Ordered new ones and now when it turns on the fuse is quickly blown again. It is located right where the on switch is. Any ideas? Not a good time for this to happen right before the holidays 

Thanks in advance - Christine 

Obviously you have a power supply lead grounding somewhere.

Un-plug the machine from the power supply socket. Then start by taking the plug apart and going over the power lead to see if there is a bare wire or a break in the power lead. Go over it carefully, inch by inch, look closely, bending the power lead back and forth, work along it. If you see nothing there, check the switch unit in the machine for a bare or broken broken power lead, then check from the switch to the motor.

Remember; always keep the machine un-plugged from the mains power supply whilst checking the power leads

A simple Volt-Ohm meter can confirm a short by checking the resistance on the unplugged power lead between the ground lead and either of the other two prongs or between the two prongs.

This is true. You and I would have a meter and know how to use it but I'm reckoning the OP doesn't have one and gave the basic search instructions

Hi,

You can buy a decent, but cheap VOM/Multimeter from Harbor Freight, for about $10.

Then go on U-Tube and type in how to use the different functions and how to find a short in the wiring.

The other thing it might be is a bad, on/off switch or light switch if the machine has one.

Cheapest way to go If you don't have a shop to take it to?

hhhhhhh.jpg

Edited by seagiant

Thanks everyone for your advice. Turns out the mother board in the motor is toast. New one on the way. I can always rely on the group here. ❤️