Gulrok

Crafttool Mallet Weight?

I use to have this https://tandyleather.com/products/craftool-bakelite-mallet .. and it was great.

No Idea where it has gone. I have a 500 sqr foot workshop and after a photoshoot its missing. 

I was on the verge of replacing it with a newer and nicer Barry King one (as I've chipped some bakelite off) but I can't find what the weight of the Mallet is. 

Does anyone know. Can anyone measure it for me? Thank you!

Barry King offers quite a few mauls and mallets.

If you go to the website you'll find all the weights are listed:

http://www.barrykingtools.com/

Regards,

Arturo

the only baklite mallet I know is one offered by tandy, on mallets, usually 10 oz. to 16 would be your average weight, or used too any way. I guess your talking about using it for regular tooling, yes?  for other things, you might want to go to a heavier mallet, that would be personal choice or maybe you are not getting the effect you are wanting. I use a rawhide mallet I've had for 50 yrs. still works good. was thinking on getting me a couple of more in a little heavier weight. say, one in 16 oz. and one in 20 oz. from C.S.Osborne tools.you want something you can use for extended periods of time.so it won't fatigue your wrist or arm. hope this helps.

14 hours ago, OLESKIVER said:

the only baklite mallet I know is one offered by tandy, on mallets, usually 10 oz. to 16 would be your average weight, or used too any way. I guess your talking about using it for regular tooling, yes?  for other things, you might want to go to a heavier mallet, that would be personal choice or maybe you are not getting the effect you are wanting. I use a rawhide mallet I've had for 50 yrs. still works good. was thinking on getting me a couple of more in a little heavier weight. say, one in 16 oz. and one in 20 oz. from C.S.Osborne tools.you want something you can use for extended periods of time.so it won't fatigue your wrist or arm. hope this helps.

Yeah I was thinking it was either a 10oz or the 16 oz mallet. Thanks!