keithski122

Durkopp adler n291 foot lift

We have a durkopp adler n291 at work that has the all singing all dancing electronic everything..............unfortunately it doesn't work.There is some fault with the efka v720 control unit or the motor, now an easy cheap fix would be to replace the motor and control unit with a new servo motor but the machine doesn't have a manual footlift.

Does anybody know if it can be retro fitted or if there is another way around this?

Yes, you can upgrade your current EFKA motor/controller to EFKA DA321G/DC1550--this setup will allow you to retain all your bells and whistles.

You will probably need some adapter cables too (available from EFKA).

Wont be cheap.  I estimate at least $1,000.00US. I upgraded a few of the 767 motor where I retired from in 2017.   Each was $1,000.00 plus. Just so you know./

glenn

Most of the programmable functions are controlled by a low voltage solenoid or small air cylinder. You can delete the controller and replace the motor with a "servo" of your choice, and use a dedicated switch to actuate foot lift/reverse levers etc. You need to find the voltages required etc. Some of the electrical wizards here can probably provide model specific hints.

-DC

Thanks all.

Its my bosses machine and any repair won't be an expensive one so unfortunately that rules out the efka option. I did have a quick look under the covers and spied the various solenoids and air cylinders and did think about a switch to opperate the right solenoid.I'll have another look when I have some spare time.When I bought my own machine it had all the electric options but did have a hand operated foot lift but no knee lift, I did find it had a spindle underneath that I could connect up a universal knee lever. Shame this doesn't have the same.

Did you find a way? Both my DA N291 have an option for foot lift. Simple solution. Can not attach pic, though.

No we didn't.Its still at the side of the workshop waiting for ideas or to be sold on.

If you could work a way to post a pic that would be really helpful. I found I have to resize pics to post sometimes.