1960plumber

Juki LS1341

Wow, I never thought it would be so hard to buy a sewing machine. I will only be doing wallets and bags on it will be here in 2 weeks..

Yep.  Everything is slower to get right now. I have that machine.  Nice.  make sure you get all three manuals-parts, operations and engineers or service manual.

glenn

Have a few question on the bobbin on the Juki 1341.
I can't get the thread to come up with the needle. 
With the bobbin out I can turn the wheel by hand in  forward direction and back, but with bobbin it will it will only go forward.

It keeps tangle up on the hook.

Are you holding back the starting threads for the first two or three stitches? Failure to hold them back almost always jams the top thread in the shuttle.

Yes I'm holding the thread. Does the thread come out of the top of the bobbin in the little groves or the side? I'm not picking up my bobbin thread. An it looks to be in time.

When you take the needle out, how do you know when you have it in the right place.

1 hour ago, 1960plumber said:

When you take the needle out, how do you know when you have it in the right place.

On your machine the cutout scarf over the eye faces due right and the ribbed channel faces due left. The needle must be all the way up in the mount and tight.

When I put it all the way up, then the hole for my thread is block. And Thanks for your help.

Sounds like it is not in time or safety clutch kicked out.  Manual will tell  you how to check the safety clutch.

glenn

I thank you all I got it a working.
#1- Had everything threaded right but at the needle. 
# 2- Didn't have needle all the way in. 

Some times in reverse the bobbin get tangle up. Would this be the tension on the bobbin 

56 minutes ago, 1960plumber said:

Some times in reverse the bobbin get tangle up. Would this be the tension on the bobbin 

Is it the bobbin thread or the top thread that is getting tangled? Post a picture of the tangle to help us diagnose the possible cause.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, 1960plumber said:

Have a few question on the bobbin on the Juki 1341.
I can't get the thread to come up with the needle. 
With the bobbin out I can turn the wheel by hand in  forward direction and back, but with bobbin it will it will only go forward.

I'm just a novice myself but what you said above caught my eye...  As far as I know, you should never turn the wheel backwards.  Only forward.  Turning it backwards can cause lots of problems, including thread jams/nests.

10 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

I'm just a novice myself but what you said above caught my eye...  As far as I know, you should never turn the wheel backwards.  Only forward.  Turning it backwards can cause lots of problems, including thread jams/nests.

Thanks I only do it at the start and end. I only been back stitching 2 threads and it seem to be working ok.

18 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Is it the bobbin thread or the top thread that is getting tangled? Post a picture of the tangle to help us diagnose the possible cause.

I think your right it's the top thread. Is this still a  tension problem?

Here is what it looks like. Then I break the top thread pull out a little of thread and I'm ready to go again. 

HELP.jpg

1 hour ago, 1960plumber said:

Thanks I only do it at the start and end. I only been back stitching 2 threads and it seem to be working ok

Please confirm that to back stitch, you are actually turning the wheel in the opposite direction.  That's what I understand you to be doing from what you've written.  If that's really what you are doing, why are you not using the reverse lever?  The wheel should ONLY be turned in the normal (towards you) direction.  I hope I've misunderstood you.  (Don't forget that I'm a novice, much like you, so I may be way off.)

(This could also be what's causing your thread to tangle.)

Edited by MtlBiker

3 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

Please confirm that to back stitch, you are actually turning the wheel in the opposite direction.  That's what I understand you to be doing from what you've written.  If that's really what you are doing, why are you not using the reverse lever?  The wheel should ONLY be turned in the normal (towards you) direction.  I hope I've misunderstood you.  (Don't forget that I'm a novice, much like you, so I may be way off.)

Yes, I'm using my reverse lever.

Can anybody tell me if the Singer 111w feet fit the Juki ls1341.

yep  they will

glenn