Good day every one,

My name is Carlos, from Houston Texas, I recently acquired a singer 111w155 since I have been interested in learning to sew some leather as a hobby, I also have a Adler 30-1.

have only done a little patching a minor items with it.

I have problems with the singer 111w155, and would appreciate some needed help if possible. got it about a week ago, cleaned it with W40 and kerosene , then oiled with sewing machine oil.

It did not have a belt to motor, but after it was lubed I did some manual stitching and it worked some.

Noticed the arrow in the  timing pulley was a little bit, OFF, removed timing belt, installed it with the take up level up and the arrows pointed as it showed in a members video ( Mr Grosse).

But now the hook is way off when the needle in down position starting to come up ( first picture), even if I loose the the set screws for the gear for the hook timing does not even come close,,

any advice on what to do, I have looked at videos and have the manual but can not figure it out

2nd and third picture is how timing belt was installed

Thank you.

Carlos

DSCN2533.JPG.4fc685563cf6f22f11497765defc602f.JPGDSCN2536.JPG.f533697c270ca031d37f5bbe4ce73add.JPGDSCN2518.JPG.be7f36a206a5fa69a3f6b10952f6f94c.JPG

DSCN2540.JPG

You are on the right track.  You'll need to learn how to set the hook timing with the machine in the timing position.  

Check out the Uwe Grosse Youtube video on how to time a Consew 225.  That's the best video I have seen for hook timing.   

Thanks a Lot

for reply, 

I just viewed video again and appears  if i slide hood all way to left, it will adjust 

mine has junk in bar seemed it could not be

moved more to Left ti disengage

will give it a try tomorrow

thanks

got hopes up again, will let you know

thanks

Hello again

Thanks for help on 111w,

Saw video on timing and now I have machines timed, the issue am having now is that the tab in the basket/ bobbin slips from notch under needle plate,( does not look worn to me )

Ordered a plate and waiting, I also noticed play in the basket, so a do not know if the basket/hook assembly is the problem

Thanks and any advise would be appreciated

Carlos

So the tab on the bobbin case can slip out of the notch while you're sewing?  

Screws holding the throat plate down are snug?

No lint or debris preventing the throat plate from seating properly?  

Hopefully the new part will solve the issue.  

Yes, it slips even manually turning the hand wheel, and the plate is tight , free of debris, the tab seems a little far from the throat plate, I got the hook almost touching the needle,

hopefully the throat plate will solve it; Have not sewed yet, motor was not connected when bought( missing belt)