MikeKirkpatrick

Randall Union Lockstitch Sewing Machine for Sale

My name is Mike Kirkpatrick.  I run a small family holster company in Laredo, TX.

I've had this Union Lock-Stitch since the 80's.  I love the machine but, compared to others, it is too difficult to train people on. I hate to sell it but I probably only used it 20 times in the last 20 years. 

I currently need more space and am selling any equipment I am not using.

It runs great and makes a beautiful stitch both front and back.  If you have been considering a Union Lock-Stitch this is a great one.

If you have any questions on the machine I will do my best to answer.  Also, I can send a video of it sewing leather if you need.

Asking price: $3000 or best offer. 

I don't know what it will cost to  ship but I am willing to build a nice crate for it if you pay the shipping.

union.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

I put a speed reducer and a servo motor on mine and that made it more user friendly! You are right though, it’s not a machine for the timid! 

Steep learning curve but real tight, smooth, pretty stitch. FYI my experience was great improvement when I started using poly instead of linen thread

Turbotexas,

I thought about reducing the speed and keeping it but someone told me that it can be finicky if run slow.

Did you have any trouble after reducing the speed?

None attributed to speed, though as it was going at half speed, I  had twice as long to bump or jostle things

Edited by oltoot

On 10/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, MikeKirkpatrick said:

Turbotexas,

I thought about reducing the speed and keeping it but someone told me that it can be finicky if run slow.

Did you have any trouble after reducing the speed?

Campbell makes a speed reducer kit for this machine! You remove the clutch at the flywheel, install a piece they make, install the speed reducing pillows and a servo motor and you’re going slower! 

Just now, turbotexas said:

Campbell makes a speed reducer kit for this machine! You remove the clutch at the flywheel, install a piece they make, install the speed reducing pillows and a servo motor and you’re going slower! 

No haven’t had any trouble when I slowed mine down! 

Hola, ¿Randall todavía está disponible?

On 10/29/2020 at 7:26 PM, MikeKirkpatrick said:

My name is Mike Kirkpatrick.  I run a small family holster company in Laredo, TX.

I've had this Union Lock-Stitch since the 80's.  I love the machine but, compared to others, it is too difficult to train people on. I hate to sell it but I probably only used it 20 times in the last 20 years. 

I currently need more space and am selling any equipment I am not using.

It runs great and makes a beautiful stitch both front and back.  If you have been considering a Union Lock-Stitch this is a great one.

If you have any questions on the machine I will do my best to answer.  Also, I can send a video of it sewing leather if you need.

Asking price: $3000 or best offer. 

I don't know what it will cost to  ship but I am willing to build a nice crate for it if you pay the shipping.

union.JPG

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

Hey do you still own it? Wilson football factory in Ada, OH would probably be interested in buying it. The lockstich machine is what they use to sew ALL the NFL Footballs