Nbocc

Artisan 797AB presser foot not lifting

Can anyone give some insight? My presser foot is not lifting when sewing. It lifts with the knee lift though. Machine is an artisan 797AB. Any insight is appreciated. 

I am trying to download a video but looks like the file is too large. I can lift the presser foot with the knee lift. It stays stationary at its lowest point when sewing. I will try to add a video on YouTube and post it here. I just bought this machine and am extremely frustrated, and slightly upset. Hoping someone on here can help me fix this issue. Thanking you all in advance!

I think Artisan is still in business and can probably help you if nobody else can, or if parts are missing/broken.

Are you saying that the hand lifter doesn't lift the feet?

Or are you saying that the feet don't walk up and down when you are sewing?

Is the wingnut behind the machine loose?  Sometimes it's not a wingnut, but just a small 8mm or 10mm nut.  

If loose in the slot, the feet won't lift correctly and the machine will be noisy.  

I may be way off base, because I don't fully understand your post yet.  

Hi all,

the wing nut on the back of the machine was in fact loose, causing the presser foot to drag along the material rather than work as intended. It was the black nut in the top/back of the machine. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future. Thank you all for taking the time to respond!