I need lign 24 s apps with longer shanks. I am making tanker shoulder holsters. I need to go through 2 layers of 9-10 oz shoulder for retention strap. I have been putting the snap through one layer then machine sewing around it to complete the holster. Stitch line has to be moved.  Who makes a longer 24 snap? These holsters traditionally have a post snap but I do well to get them built with the 24’s. These holsters are just for me and family. Too plain and too much time required to sell. Thanks.

If you are setting the male part you can mount them with 8/32 or 6/32 screws and T nuts.  YOU will need a flat head machine screw to not interfere with the snap.  And they are flared under the head to fit into the snap.  Any hardware store with a good selection of screws should have them.  Like this in the appropriate length.  

https://smile.amazon.com/Stainless-Lengths-Available-Machine-Phillips/dp/B07B42BCXK/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1NOWI6JAZ349G&dchild=1&keywords=Screws&pd_rd_r=f54226da-37d7-4f8d-8ac3-9c8f61491114&pd_rd_w=yJSXi&pd_rd_wg=rN7IC&pf_rd_p=91473338-a775-4a82-9600-6767cae1f29a&pf_rd_r=SQN0WHZEG1SC6W1MKH98&pid=wCcB0iM&qid=1604256465&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A2292860011%2Cp_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin%3A11433961011&s=industrial&sprefix=8%2F32+flat+head+%2Caps%2C167&sr=1-7

Edited by chiefjason

I have read here about T nuts. Not sure which kind. I have used one type to bolt my machine vice to slots in my drill press base. Also used another type driven into holes in my shop doors to screw eye bolts through and hold the doors together in the middle. I tried to find screws to go through the snap base and did not find the right size. Thanks for the ideas.

Thanks Blue Duck. The Ohio Travel Bag posts look about right.