Been wanting to try this for a while now.  I've been down or on light duty with a minor surgery now for a few weeks.  I got caught up on orders and decided to give this a go.  I also ran out of 8-10 oz leather for holster backs and then ran out of 8 oz leather for these.  Anything gun related has gone insane lately.  Anyway.  

Full  basketweave stamping of my Field holster for a Colt Python and S&W 686 both 6" barrels.  I'm thrilled with how it came out.  Hoping a couple folks are thrilled enough to buy them now.  

hUSfIDI.jpg

yTmAlIH.jpg

5eFSJHN.jpg

BRJ1GmL.jpg

Neat and clean!

Hi, The battlemunky is right, that's some well executed basketry.  I both hate it and love it.

1.  I don't like the looks of Basket weave on leather.  I don't know why, I was never kept in a basket as a child, etc.

2.  I wouldn't have stitched over the basket-weave.

3.  You did do a REALLY good job of it.

4.  The stitching over the basket-weave looks really good though.

Later

9 minutes ago, 1961Mike said:

Hi, The battlemunky is right, that's some well executed basketry.  I both hate it and love it.

1.  I don't like the looks of Basket weave on leather.  I don't know why, I was never kept in a basket as a child, etc.

2.  I wouldn't have stitched over the basket-weave.

3.  You did do a REALLY good job of it.

4.  The stitching over the basket-weave looks really good though.

Later

Thanks.  

The stitching was what kept me away from it for a while.  In the end, I figured trying to stop it, and stamp borders around all that would be too much.  And leaving the middle of the stitch open would not look good.  So I took some time to groove the stitch line enough to set it in there nice instead of letting it ride on top.  

Oddly, I've turned down most of the requests to basketweave holsters.  Partly, it doesn't do much for me either.  And mostly, I never could figure out how to do it with the way I assemble and mold my holsters.  I changed how I assembled these to allow me to BW it first.  As a plus, the new method of assembling them makes all of them easier to build with or without BW.  

All the basketweaves! 

Very impressive! I haven't basketweaved, but I have tried some geometric stamps, and it's crazy difficult to keep things lined up and not skew this way or that. Your stamping appears impeccable!

I like them and I am sure someone out there will buy them. 

Pretty much everything on our duty belts were basketweave. Difference was ours was black. Most other departments were that way as well.