Handstitched

Christmas came early...

G'Day , I ordered some roo skins about 2 weeks ago, and they finally   arrived this morning from Queensland .I was like a kid on Christmas Day . 

Now, theres  x2 bundles of 10 bright fluoro , and x 4 blue, and x4 dark grey . A total of 28 skins.   The pics don't do any justice, but the blue & grey match quite nicely.  They were on special   :thumbsup: They might have a few imperfections here & there, but for what I paid for them , it doesn't matter.  They have a few creases from being transported, but they will flatten out.  By the time I'made an item , they won't be visible. 

I'm always making bags, wallets etc. in earthy tones, black, brown etc. so  I'm going to a take a plunge , and make some bright wallets, bags etc.  Never worked with fluoro  colours before, and I don't know what the reaction will be, but stuff it , I'm going for it :)  Ladies  love bright colours, and perhaps some blokes too. 

HS

Kangaroo Hides Nov. 2020 001.jpg

Kangaroo Hides Nov. 2020 005.jpg

Love the blue and the gray.  

These look amazing!  The fam will be moving to Oz in a few years.  When I'm there 'll be looking forward to some roo skins!

Nice, man :) 

roo is easily my favourite leather, you never have to skive it, tough as nails, nice to the touch, ages beautifully, what's not to like?

Have a look at Austanners too, they have lots of colours and they emboss any pattern for free for larg-ish orders (3 or 4 hides or more, from memory).  They also have glazed kangaroo which is what I made a wallet and sunglasses case for myself:

rroo-X2.jpg

Actually here's an idea for yourhides... colourful cases for sunglasses!  Make yourself a nice pattern or die and churn them out, very quick to make and with summer coming up they will probably sell by the bucketload!