chrisash

Just brought 111g155 at £90 inc table and clutch motor

Over the moon , just brought my first real machine a singer 111g155 at £90 and looks in good condition, maybe run on clutch for a time then fit a servo see https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193729354814?ul_noapp=true

Can anyone supply a  maintenance manual

Hard to believe i got it at £90

8 hours ago, dikman said:

Bargain!!:specool:

2nd   :thumbsup:

its a machine from the 1960s (and onward) - so a relatively new one.

I have a good clear 111G156 (same machine but with reverse) manual if you want it send me your email address by PN

Lots of timing values in it, basically all you need.

Edited by Constabulary

Anyone know the average sizes of industrial tables and will they fit into a estate car without the head

Excellent find Chris B)

Average size is about 3-4ft by 2ft. If you take the legs off the table top you'll have no issue fitting it in an estate, I've done this plenty of times fitting them iny little hatchback.

Congrats, really nice find.

For a sister Consew 225R machine I am currently overhauling I found the US Navy Course NAVEDRA 14217  manual very helpful (Link below) 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/USNavySinger111WConsew225REPAIR.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjR0bGA0O3sAhXKyIUKHaxQBzMQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2W219vX6s2_tJX2L_mg6u7

Consew 225, Juki LU562 and Seiko STW8B clones are very similar.The Juki and Seiko parts list manuals helped also alot (very clear illustrations)

Consew_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I have a good clear 111G156 (same machine but with reverse) manual if you want it send me your email address by PN

Lots of timing values in it, basically all you need.

Is it a service or user manual ? I may need all the help I can get with the reassembly and final tuning of my Consew 225R and the US army/navy service manuals are a bit hard to follow.

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

Anyone know the average sizes of industrial tables and will they fit into a estate car without the head

I got one in my old Toyota corolla once... I guess I must have dismantled it partially, but don't fully recall.

Take some packaging with you to securely rest the machine on, and make sure it doesn't end up bumping / damaging any of the mechanism or thread guides. Last machine I moved, I cable-tied some wooden pieces (and some foam off-cuts) around the machine castings for it to sit on. (And still managed to slightly bend the presser lift pneumatic cylinder bracket whilst handling everything).

8 hours ago, chrisash said:

Anyone know the average sizes of industrial tables and will they fit into a estate car without the head?

I don't know the metric size, but in the USA the standard walking foot and straight stitch table is 20" x 48" x whatever height is set on the legs. The average height is between 28 and 29 inches. Top mounted thread stands, bobbin winders and flex lamps may interfere with sliding it into a car. Be prepared to unscrew these things and box them. Also, there will be a drawer for bobbins, needles and accessories that needs to be removed and boxed.