Been a while since I posted any of my works.. 

Here is a wallet and keychain I've made for myself it was time to retire my prototype wallet made out of chestnut buttero.

New wallet is EPI leather in navy color for the outside and inside is Alran sully in marine color. Stitching is black waxed linen thread at 3.38mm spacing done with French style pricking irons. Edges are sanded then burnished and sanded again with 3/4 coats or vernis edge paint in marine color. 

thanks for looking !!

BA87BE13-AADE-4B81-B645-C51885022340.jpeg

1C46EC9C-F65B-43E8-A861-A9F7BCE18DB0.jpeg

A63BF583-A998-460A-A31F-FFE1D0C5C2DB.jpeg

F5DB12E6-63AE-48B8-8535-836436CDBEBA.jpeg

65E504DF-2999-4D88-BEC3-2F4921064033.jpeg

E5D36E59-5D97-4A84-8DAF-844BDCF109AE.jpeg

Cant resist

Nice work looks like your earning bigger bucks this days judging the increase in the size of your new wallet.

do like your old wallet too.

JCUK  

31 minutes ago, jcuk said:

Cant resist

Nice work looks like your earning bigger bucks this days judging the increase in the size of your new wallet.

do like your old wallet too.

JCUK  

Thanks @jcuk 

hahah yea ive sold a few things. I actually made a similar wallet on customer request that would hold 8 cards. I really liked the size and way it came out so I decided to make one for myself. Except his was made fully out of alran sully goat skin. I wanted to try and be fancy so I made the outside of mine with the EPI leather. Still have mixed feelings about it but it came out pretty nice over all.

i do like my old wallet it started to patina nicely but it was originally my prototype design and wasn’t fully lined and so the outside wall was really thin as I use 1-2 oz leather. So it started wrinkling on the bottom edge which I didn’t like so much

1 hour ago, Retswerb said:

Looks great. I like the texture, I’m curious how it ages.

thank you. i am curious as well. its pretty firm and seems tough/scratch resistant so i honestly dont expect it to change much or patina.

That is beautiful, loving those colours and the edges are just wow

On 11/26/2020 at 3:24 AM, PhilDimashq said:

That is beautiful, loving those colours and the edges are just wow

thank you i appreciate the nice words. my edges have definitely improved, still not as crisp as @Danne but im getting better lol

take care :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, CastleLeatherWorks said:

thank you i appreciate the nice words. my edges have definitely improved, still not as crisp as @Danne but im getting better lol

take care :thumbsup:

Really clean. And your edges look good. If you want to improve them even more you don't need practice you just have to make sure your layers are completely flat before the next layer, and use a sanding block or something else so you avoid a "wavy" edge, because if the edge start to get a little "wavy" it's so hard to sand the next layer without sanding through.

When I look at your wallet I see a really clean wallet with attention to details. And the contrast between EPI and chèvre looks awesome. Well done.

Edited by Danne

23 hours ago, Danne said:

Really clean. And your edges look good. If you want to improve them even more you don't need practice you just have to make sure your layers are completely flat before the next layer, and use a sanding block or something else so you avoid a "wavy" edge, because if the edge start to get a little "wavy" it's so hard to sand the next layer without sanding through.

When I look at your wallet I see a really clean wallet with attention to details. And the contrast between EPI and chèvre looks awesome. Well done.

that might be exactly what im lacking as i have just been sanding my edges with a piece of sand paper folded and have noticed the "wavyness" lol.

i appreciate your kind words and advice. as it was looking at your work that made me feel the need to step up my game when i first started a little over a year ago :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, CastleLeatherWorks said:

that might be exactly what im lacking as i have just been sanding my edges with a piece of sand paper folded and have noticed the "wavyness" lol.

i appreciate your kind words and advice. as it was looking at your work that made me feel the need to step up my game when i first started a little over a year ago :thumbsup:

I took a cork sanding block and cut out a smaller piece and fold some sanding paper around that block. And sometimes I use sandpaper glued to a piece of stiff rubber mat. (You can see it in my edge painting tutorial here.)

The only time I use a sand paper folded is the absolute last finish I often do with some 800 grit before melting paraffin and burnish.