DaveP

V gouge tool

Looking for a recommendation for a V gouge tool. I'm mostly wanting to use on knife sheaths.  I have the adjustable Tandy tool but don't like it.  Suggestions?

Thanks again 

you might go to osborne leather working tools.com. they have an adj. v-gouge and 3 u shaped ones. their v gouge is patented. plus they have a bunch of other stuff you might like. they have been in business for 190 yrs. so, the only down side to them is that once you see their site and or get their catalog, you might experience the " Kid in the candy store" problem. hope this helps. sorry, web site is osborneleathertools.com  weaver leather would be another source, but I don't know if they have different brand or also carry csosborne too.

Not sure if you can get these that side of the pond easy to maintain and sharpen.

https://www.abbeyengland.com/abbey-american-race-486.html

I have this one got it off EBAY works good, i know they are adjustable but you can go back to your gouge to take a bit more out if needed. 

https://www.abbeyengland.com/american-race-economy-1002.html

Hope this helps

JCUK

Thanks for the replies...I'll check all these out. 

Thanks again 

On 11/9/2020 at 3:25 AM, DaveP said:

Looking for a recommendation for a V gouge tool. I'm mostly wanting to use on knife sheaths.  I have the adjustable Tandy tool but don't like it.  Suggestions?

I just spotted this one on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-shaped-Leathercraft-Edge-Beveler-Skiving-Craft-Tool-Leather-Beveler-Tools-DIY/164310336173

Looks to be adjustable

afaik its not a new design but I've not seen a new version of it for many-a-year

I think I'll buy one as I'm always looking for a good groover

DaveP, did you ever fine a  V gouge tool ?  I've got a couple in the shop. I'll send you one, if you still need it.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, ABC3 said:

DaveP, did you ever fine a  V gouge tool ?  I've got a couple in the shop. I'll send you one, if you still need it.

I did not. Sorry haven't been on the forum lately.  That's an awesome gesture! I'll message you. 

Thank you very much!

Want to shout out a nice THANK YOU  to ABC3!! I received your gouge tool yesterday.  Just a few strokes on my strop and nice and sharp.  It looks like a C.S. Osborne but not sure. Free of charge...great people on this forum! Turns out I've dealt with ABC3 through his leather business. Am I allowed to mention his business? Don't want to break any rules. 

Thanks again!!

20201206_155407.jpg