Dwight

WTB: 1917 Army .45 Revolver Mold

I have a disabled vet who wants a shoulder holster for his 1917 Army .45 revolver . . . 

Anyone have one they want to part with for a reasonable fee . . . 

OR

Is there something I could use in place of that particular revolver that is "close enough" that the shoulder holster would work??

Thanks, may God bless, 

Dwight

In Jesus Name I may have something that youre looking for........I have a ton of gun patterns.....the maker did police officer cuffs / guns / clips / gun holsters of all kinds....interested?

46 minutes ago, bryan4christ said:

In Jesus Name I may have something that youre looking for........I have a ton of gun patterns.....the maker did police officer cuffs / guns / clips / gun holsters of all kinds....interested?

Have you got a 1917 S&W .45 revolver model??

That is THE ONE I need . . . but could maybe sutstitute . . . depending on what you got.

Lemme know . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

I tried to upIoad some pictures for you but they wouldn't allow me to upload them.  Do you have an email address I could send them too?  I have close to 20+ gun forms made out of wood. Metal and leather forms for all shapes for guns / clips / handcuffs and more.  The maker was very famous and worked closely with the police department.  Still interested?

Yessir . . . my "customer" and I have been "talking about" this holster he wants . . . for over a year now.  

He finally figured out after getting Covid . . . losing his job . . . and assorted other things in his life . . . that there is never a better time than the "el presidente" . . . 

Anyway . . . I'll need the mold . . . so please send the pics to 

ciminod@midohio.net

Thank you very much . . . looking fwd to seeing them.  

May God bless,

Dwight

For what it may be worth, the Colt Model 1917 US Army .45 revolver was simply the Colt New Service model with 5.5" barrel. Overall size and profile are similar (not exactly the same) as the S&W N-frame revolvers (S&W also made Model 1917 revolvers using their large frame Hand Ejector model as the basis). A holster made for the N-frame with 5.5" barrel channel should provide a functional fit, but not sufficiently close for detailed molding or boning.

The ideal solution, of course, is to have your customer provide his revolver for patterning and forming.

Thanks, Lobo,  . . . I had thought the N frame was awful close . . . but never had a chance to compare as I have no source here for the 1917.

He's got the picture I sent him . . . he's doing a "measuring" of the different points of the weapon . . . and what I'll do is just make a wooden model . . . which will do for what we need done.  

I had to do that a few years back for a model 29 . . . it was a "trial run" so to speak . . . worked out like a champ . . . the customer was thoroughly pleased . . . and I still have my pine wood "Dirty Harry" revolver in case I ever need to make another model 29 holster.

May God bless,

Dwight