EMI

Pfaff 34-705/03-ΑL info & advice needed

I am looking at a Pfaff 34 on sale for 100 euros (body only without motor/table). The sub class appears to be  34 -705/03-AL with roller presser and most probably wheel feed.

1923393293_Pfaff34-70503AL-1.jpg.8a5030b9e16fab6d438578a5f4b5decc.jpg

33322619_9_b.jpg.20523fb30c465ceeea5797fd015dabe6.jpg

20201112_094305.jpg.db2f7b169d049e744d4993f8723f5a27.jpg

The machine is advertised as leather working ( shoe uppers and medium weight leather ?) but except from parts list ( ref link below) I didn't manage to find any concrete info on the net or in this site regarding her stitch length, needle system and needle/ thread sizes.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.supsew.com/download/Pfaff/Pfaff%2034.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiFub2vx_zsAhVH9aQKHdD3CasQFjABegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2K_dytlfXdvb4zCPRLTaAu 

Furthermore the code letters AL are also a bit confusing to me (A= Light materials & L= leather).

Does anyone has experience or info on this particular model ?

Would you consider it as as a worthy purchase in a supplementary role to a Consew 226 for medium leather and synthetics/faux leather work ? I understand that spare parts may not be widely available ( if needed).

Edited by EMI

Looks like machine has no reverse if that matters (short slot in scale plate) stitch length should be indicated on the stitch length scale (ask for a picture). Yeah looks like wheel feed. Expect a rather short stitch length cause on shoe upper you do not need a long stitch most of the time (maybe 2-3.5mm - check your own shoes) but it´s just a guess.

Here is something about the 34 class (does not cover all sub classes!!!) maybe it helps a little bit.

Pfaff 34 Info sheet.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

5 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Looks like machine has no reverse if that matters (short slot in scale plate) stitch length should be indicated on the stitch length scale (ask for a picture). Yeah looks like wheel feed. Expect a rather short stitch length cause on shoe upper you do not need a long stitch most of the time (maybe 2-3.5mm - check your own shoes) but it´s just a guess.

Here is something about the 34 class (does not cover all sub classes!!!) maybe it helps a little bit.

Pfaff 34 Info sheet.pdf 369.29 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the info.

Lack of reverse is not such a big issue. However the "A" class designation (as opposed to BL ones I've seen in photos on the net) is what puzzles me.