Sign in to follow this  
Ripe82

Adler 269 jams

Good morning,

I am new to this forum,  I write from Italy and thanks to you I am going to modify my skiving machine (Highlead YXP-18-F2) separating the roller/belle Knife from the feed roller, I ordered the jack 513a engine and I will try to install it under.
I also own a second-hand Durkopp Adler 269 and since the first day I have encountered 2 problems that I can not solve. The first, the most annoying one, if I use a thinner thread of the 20 , for example the 30, with needle 110, the machine jams, the thread  wraps in the crochet and I have to stop, to make it better I set up a photo. The second problem I encounter concerns the stitches back, the needle does not return perfectly in the stitches that I sewn forward. Hope someone could help me, thank you.

IMG_1113.jpg

Bobbin case opener needs adjustment.  Check your timing on the machine as well.  The reverse feed is out of adjustment  and has to be corrected so that it is the same as the front.  Sevice manual will tell you how to do that.  I will check to see if I have a 169 manual.  Never saw one for a 269.

glenn

Thanks Glenn, you have been very helpful to me, about the bobbin, thanks to your advice, I solved, finally the stitches do not jam anymore!

About the reverse feed I have done some researches but I can't find a specific and clear manual for the 269.

Thanks

Giuseppe

No service manual for 269 sorry.

glenn