Jump to content
Johanna

Political Posts

Recommended Posts

The US held elections last week, and the results aren't final. People all over the world have strong opinions about our president, and leatherworkers experiencing cognitive dissonance are seeking their peers for discussions. That's  fine, but this is a leatherwork forum, and some people come here to get away from all the hoopla. We've had some posts that are controversial, and we hate censorship, but we don't want to keep flogging our members with political posts. SO, I'm going to create a new section in the "off topic" area where you can post about politics. If you want to participate or ignore, the choice is up to you. We're not going to censor it but we will not allow personal attacks or running with scissors. You might want to ignore that section if your skin isn't thick. I'm going to reveal and move the political posts in a few minutes. Suggestions welcome.

~J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Johanna said:

The US held elections last week, and the results aren't final. People all over the world have strong opinions about our president, and leatherworkers experiencing cognitive dissonance are seeking their peers for discussions. That's  fine, but this is a leatherwork forum, and some people come here to get away from all the hoopla. We've had some posts that are controversial, and we hate censorship, but we don't want to keep flogging our members with political posts. SO, I'm going to create a new section in the "off topic" area where you can post about politics. If you want to participate or ignore, the choice is up to you. We're not going to censor it but we will not allow personal attacks or running with scissors. You might want to ignore that section if your skin isn't thick. I'm going to reveal and move the political posts in a few minutes. Suggestions welcome.

~J

THANK YOU! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most excellent

Thank you.

Will access to it be by request like the funny leather stuff section? er, I mean the 'adult' leather section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank YOU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You as well. I've been looking forward to this for 4 yrs. now. Promise to keep it civil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather not see it at all on a leatherworking forum. I can't ignore them because I see the topic line on the unread post list I look at each morning. We are bombarded w politics all the time. Why can't we have a place without it for a normal conversation?  Why not post on another forum? I'd guess a very small number of forum readers want to talk politics.  What's next - religion, (you name it)?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Squilchuck said:

I'd rather not see it at all on a leatherworking forum. I can't ignore them because I see the topic line on the unread post list I look at each morning. We are bombarded w politics all the time. Why can't we have a place without it for a normal conversation?  Why not post on another forum? I'd guess a very small number of forum readers want to talk politics.  What's next - religion, (you name it)?  

100% agreed!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squilchuck said:

I'd rather not see it at all on a leatherworking forum. I can't ignore them because I see the topic line on the unread post list I look at each morning. We are bombarded w politics all the time. Why can't we have a place without it for a normal conversation?  Why not post on another forum? I'd guess a very small number of forum readers want to talk politics.  What's next - religion, (you name it)?  

Plus 1

Maybe if you feel the need to have political posts, treat them like the adult section, then those who worry bones can just do their thing, well away from the leatherwork.

Nothing worse than seeing another political post, then biting your tongue rather than waste time out of your life replying.   It’s like having a wee nippy dug as your neighbour.   You know you would never wish it any real harm, but by our Lord and Lady, it just doesn’t know when to stop.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LumpenDoodle2, @Squilchuck , if you put your cursor over a persons name a wee box magically appears, at the bottom of which in the middle is 'ignore user. Click on that. It takes you to page where you choose how much of that person you can ignore.

I've done that so I don't see the political postings now.

If that ignored person posts something in the main leatherwork discussion I/you has the option to view that posting, or not

I've done it before and when things settled down I un-ignored the people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fredk said:

@LumpenDoodle2, @Squilchuck , if you put your cursor over a persons name a wee box magically appears, at the bottom of which in the middle is 'ignore user. Click on that. It takes you to page where you choose how much of that person you can ignore.

I've done that so I don't see the political postings now.

If that ignored person posts something in the main leatherwork discussion I/you has the option to view that posting, or not

I've done it before and when things settled down I un-ignored the people.

 

Many thanks, I may have to do that, as these things have form for getting very silly, and very nasty, very quickly.

Unfortunately, being a political animal, when I hear someone (metaphorically) kicking a dog to make it howl, I have difficulty walking by.    But life is too short to get dragged into the same old, same old.....   If only the temptation was taken away, she sighed.:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, fredk said:

@LumpenDoodle2, @Squilchuck , if you put your cursor over a persons name a wee box magically appears, at the bottom of which in the middle is 'ignore user. Click on that. It takes you to page where you choose how much of that person you can ignore.

I've done that so I don't see the political postings now.

If that ignored person posts something in the main leatherwork discussion I/you has the option to view that posting, or not

I've done it before and when things settled down I un-ignored the people.

 

For some reason this does not work n an iPad. I think I did it before by hunting up a real computer. If anybody knows how to ignore somebody with iPad please let me know. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it. Go to menu at upper right, go to account, ignored users, add user, select options. Choose ignore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...