MtlBiker

Techsew 2750 Opinions?

Well, I did it!  I pulled the plug and ordered a new Techsew 2750 PRO with speed reducer. 

Now I just have to wait until one can be prepared for me (they're back-logged).  Luckily I'll be able to pick it up in my SUV and won't have to wait any extra time for a shipping company.

Thank you all for the helpful comments and advice.

Think I'll order some v138 poly thread to try on that machine.  My RB206-5 is supposedly at the limit with v92 and I'm looking forward to seeing how nice the stitches will look with v138.

3 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

Think I'll order some v138 poly thread to try on that machine.  My RB206-5 is supposedly at the limit with v92 and I'm looking forward to seeing how nice the stitches will look with v138.

I have used 138 in the bobbin and 207 on the top.  Looks pretty good.

14 hours ago, Northmount said:

I have used 138 in the bobbin and 207 on the top.  Looks pretty good.

Just so I'm clear, you are talking about the 2750 right (and not the RB206-5)?  I've been told that the practical upper limit for the RB206-5 is v92 so I haven't tried anything thicker.

And I hadn't heard about using a different bobbin thread weight than the top thread (remember, I'm a beginner).  What would be the reason to do that?  Just the looks of the top thread stitches?  Not that I'm going to buy any, but do you think 207 could be used on the top and the bobbin on the Techsew 2750?  I'm going to order v138 to try on the new machine.  I'm sure it'll be more than adequate for where I am in my sewing career.  Heck, even the v92 is probably more than I really need for what I'm doing.

Your 206 should easily sew with 138 thread.   Whom even said 92 is the upper limit either had an improperly adjusted machine or didn’t know what they are talking about.

4 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

Just so I'm clear, you are talking about the 2750 right (and not the RB206-5)?  I've been told that the practical upper limit for the RB206-5 is v92 so I haven't tried anything thicker.

Yes for my 2700, which from what I see is basically the same as the 2750.  Using 207 on the top is for appearance only.  For stitch strength, it's no stronger then the weakest thread.

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

Yes for my 2700, which from what I see is basically the same as the 2750.  Using 207 on the top is for appearance only.  For stitch strength, it's no stronger then the weakest thread.

I've got SO much to learn!!  I've never even seen 207 thread before, nor for that matter 138.  Thank you for clarifying.