Zeppi

Austria noob needs help

It does not boost answers when you post the same question in different forum sections. Stick to the Sewing Machine section.

But since the sewline 106r rpl (never heard of it before) is not wide spread as it seems you may not get many answers. Maybe its a clone of another machine so I would look for info on that machine instead.

Edited by Constabulary

Sorry... I thougt maybe it would help to Put it to another place. Seems it was the wrong place again. It's a bit djungle here for me

welcome,

some hints....

i would look for any industrial sewing machine sellers or used machine sellers in your area.  Or if you want, nearby countries.  You sort of live surrounded by other places that may have what you seek too.

but take a sample of the material you want to sew and if its 2 or 3 layers, bring some sample of material so you can test sew on the material you want to sew.  If you have a specific thread size, you can bring some of that thread and they will have to put  some on a bobbin to test.  But you will be able to test using material and thread.   

whatever features on the machine you want, make sure you make note or however you want to remember.

for what its worth, i bought several used machines over years only to find they were did not work as i wanted.  I spent alot of money on them and on the total.  in the end, buy what you can afford and what you think you will use now and maybe in the future.

Last comment.  what i noticed is that the limiting factor on a machine was....thread size, pressor foot height,  and most was forward/reverse.   

Since you live in the EU, im not sure what is available there vs the USA.   I or we could recommend a model, but if you cant get it there, its moot.

As mentioned some machines are clones of other brands too.

good luck

Handbags is a vague term, they could be made of chrome leather or veg tan, small and delicate or large and heavy,

Domestic heavy duty machines may sew up to 2-3 mm (including the joints) of chrome leather quite well  but will not sew veg tan leather in most cases. for some bags you need to be able to sew in tight area's where a traditional flat bed cannot sew like tight gussets

Most leather workers use industrial sewing machines that have the power to sew both types of leather, the upholstery type are common. if you look on Ebay under "industrial sewing machines" you will find typical ,machines

Wiz does a superb outline of sewing machine requirements at