TonySFLDLTHR

What can SLC do for you?

I am happy to pay a bit more for higher quality supplies and leathers. The quality is important to me as I want my customers to get a very nice quality product. You offer a nice variety of supplies, that is appreciated, but I have to agree with other comments about shipping costs. I am not complaining, but when the cost to ship adds so much to the order, the order gets scrapped.

Thanks for being so responsive to customers....:)

Are you able to provide the Rhino thread in .8 thickness?

Ordered a paper catalog from you guys and wow it was more than I expected. Reminds me of poring over thick paper catalogs as a kid! I like shopping online but there’s something to be said for a nice catalog like that.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:02 AM, Retswerb said:

Ordered a paper catalog from you guys and wow it was more than I expected. Reminds me of poring over thick paper catalogs as a kid! I like shopping online but there’s something to be said for a nice catalog like that.

That is awesome!

This reminds me that I need to get started making changes to next years edition!!!

On 11/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, Rylando said:

Pint and Quart sized Angelus dyes! I really like your $30 oil tan sides, they're great. 

Would they be good for wallet backs? I have started making wallets recently, but have only used veg tan, so im hoping to try out oil tan for the first time.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, Bluzoom said:

I am happy to pay a bit more for higher quality supplies and leathers. The quality is important to me as I want my customers to get a very nice quality product. You offer a nice variety of supplies, that is appreciated, but I have to agree with other comments about shipping costs. I am not complaining, but when the cost to ship adds so much to the order, the order gets scrapped.

Thanks for being so responsive to customers....:)

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've chosen to NOT purchase based on unreasonable shipping.  Like a padded profit margin...I like stuff.  Lots.  But, I hate the unreasonable more.

I believe you.  I have been dreading purchasing from McPhersons or Montana Leather because of this.  I have been stationed in the Va., DC area and am looking to get back to some projects after a long hiatus.  Here we go...

Start by getting orders correct.  My last 2 were not.  You guys have good prices, nice people to deal with, ship quick, but most of my issues are order accuracy or all your website changes.  

I quit shopping with you because you guys canned my account during a website change.  When I went to re register I could not because "that email is being used."  Asked to change PW and it would not do that either, so I gave up.  

Got around the finally getting the account back recently.  My last 2 orders have had issues.  Your site lists a section where you can buy leather by the side.  I ordered a side from that listing.  I got 1 sq foot.  Apparently ordering a side is not ordering a side unless you request the entire side in the notes?  Had to call to get that straightened out.  Last order, in the confusion of subbing out 2 8 ox threads because you did not have the 16 oz no one noticed I ordered to Awls as well.  I got the subbed out thread but only got one fo the awls I ordered.  I will be contacting CS to remedy that one here soon.  

Everyone is busy, including me.  Inaccurate orders are irritating though.  

On 12/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, McCarthy said:

You should look into carrying Meisi thread. Particularly their Superfine linen and Xiange polyester. I love Xiange but the nearest source is in Canada and they have a very limited selection. Their website is http://www.meisi108.com/

this ^^^

22 hours ago, chiefjason said:

Start by getting orders correct.  My last 2 were not.  You guys have good prices, nice people to deal with, ship quick, but most of my issues are order accuracy or all your website changes.  

I quit shopping with you because you guys canned my account during a website change.  When I went to re register I could not because "that email is being used."  Asked to change PW and it would not do that either, so I gave up.  

Got around the finally getting the account back recently.  My last 2 orders have had issues.  Your site lists a section where you can buy leather by the side.  I ordered a side from that listing.  I got 1 sq foot.  Apparently ordering a side is not ordering a side unless you request the entire side in the notes?  Had to call to get that straightened out.  Last order, in the confusion of subbing out 2 8 ox threads because you did not have the 16 oz no one noticed I ordered to Awls as well.  I got the subbed out thread but only got one fo the awls I ordered.  I will be contacting CS to remedy that one here soon.  

Everyone is busy, including me.  Inaccurate orders are irritating though.  

Did you happen to contact us with this issue? Because I dealt with a few of these as we made the changed. The website is on the same platform and not a single account was canned...deleted...change...or anything. The front end of the website had nothing to do with the back end. All the accounts that were brought to my attention I was able to get access to the new site and all of their past orders.

However there were some accounts that had a setting that was being made to some peoples account in the old account.

Incorrect orders are not good for you or for us. We certainly fix them to the best of our ability when they happen, but the extra shipping of items back and forth is not good for anyone. We have changed our order picking and packing process and we are now able to see who might be messing up and retrain them or find them a new area to work in. 2020 we did more than double of web orders than we have ever done...and that is thanks to our customers. But doing more than double of orders has put a strain on the old processes and the amount of people we were allowed to have. Just know we are in the business of trying to make you successful and we understand frustrations with incorrect orders is not achieving that. What I can say is with any business...clear and calm communication goes a long way with anyone. 

On 1/14/2021 at 11:49 AM, TonySFLDLTHR said:

Did you happen to contact us with this issue? Because I dealt with a few of these as we made the changed. The website is on the same platform and not a single account was canned...deleted...change...or anything. The front end of the website had nothing to do with the back end. All the accounts that were brought to my attention I was able to get access to the new site and all of their past orders.

However there were some accounts that had a setting that was being made to some peoples account in the old account.

Incorrect orders are not good for you or for us. We certainly fix them to the best of our ability when they happen, but the extra shipping of items back and forth is not good for anyone. We have changed our order picking and packing process and we are now able to see who might be messing up and retrain them or find them a new area to work in. 2020 we did more than double of web orders than we have ever done...and that is thanks to our customers. But doing more than double of orders has put a strain on the old processes and the amount of people we were allowed to have. Just know we are in the business of trying to make you successful and we understand frustrations with incorrect orders is not achieving that. What I can say is with any business...clear and calm communication goes a long way with anyone. 

Thanks for the help.  Much appreciated.  Got the shipping notice.  

On 1/1/2021 at 7:42 AM, okiwen said:

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've chosen to NOT purchase based on unreasonable shipping.  Like a padded profit margin...I like stuff.  Lots.  But, I hate the unreasonable more.

yep I just deleted a $20 or as shipping was $20

High Tony,  Thank you for checking in and asking questions, TO ME, that means a-lot

I do have a three issues, 

1]...screen shot from my cart, 2- spools of thread. they would fit in a $8.00 USPS flat rate envelope or box,  I left the site and bought else where.  Money is tight. 

2]..,  My last order. LOVE the $30.00 sides I grabbed 4.

I also ordered a left foot stamp.  I have the right foot, but the left was backordered months ago. Instead of zeroing the stamp on my order. I was sent a treble clef  stamp.  wth am I supposed to stamp with that? 

Send me a L foot. so I can have 2 feet instead of one.  I am walking i circles here. help me out

3].. From the date I place an order, what does Springfield consider a decent / proper / typical amount of time till the order ships? 

All in all.   Your friendly staff and the customer service is the best I have encountered

243914901_Screenshot(18).png.bdf86df842d9f149c79bcf0248e19cfe.png

OH   HELL  I just saw the date of the last post

January.  

On 4/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, Frodo said:

January.  

Easter Threads! 

On 4/3/2021 at 7:38 AM, Frodo said:

January.  

I am still here. I haven't checked this site in quite a while.

We are having a hard time meeting the 24-48 hour turn around time on orders. A few factors play into that. 
1. Lots of new customers and orders are coming in
2. Employment needs are going unanswered at the moment.

Currently we are having around a 3-5 day...closer to the 5 day processing time before your order goes out the door.

Previously stated...smaller orders (size and weight) are better over the phone. This way we can get it in first class shipping or flat rate boxes.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:10 AM, Stonegate said:

Are you able to provide the Rhino thread in .8 thickness?

GOOD NEWS!!! Rhino is now offered in 0.8mm!
We are waiting for it to get here, but it is on the way!

On 12/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, McCarthy said:

You should look into carrying Meisi thread. Particularly their Superfine linen and Xiange polyester. I love Xiange but the nearest source is in Canada and they have a very limited selection. Their website is http://www.meisi108.com/

We are working on this as well.

On 12/23/2020 at 12:01 PM, TonySFLDLTHR said:

That is awesome!

This reminds me that I need to get started making changes to next years edition!!!

I was excited to learn you have a physical catalog (showing my age, I'm sure) but am now disappointed it is out of stock.   I filled out the form so maybe when it comes back in I can get my grubby hands on it.   FWIW, my local Tandy store said they had released a catalog but since they ran out they didn't know if they would even restock.  

Great news on the 0.8mm Rhino Thread.  I used the 1.0mm on a minimalistic wallet and it was OK, but smaller would have been preferable.