AzShooter

Tandy Is Starting Their Black Friday Sale

I got the e-mail tonight that Tandy is hosting their Black Friday Sale starting tomorrow and it looks like I'll be heading to my local store in the morning to pick my way through the leather.  I may as well stock up. Some choices are 40% off so I'll save enough.  

I wish they would send flyers in the mail like they use to but I can see how times have changed.  

I'm going to play with some already dyed Veg Tan leather instead of dying it myself.  I'm also going to pick up some tools so that I can start learning to carve leather.  All I do now for my holsters is basket weaving.

12 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

I got the e-mail tonight that Tandy is hosting their Black Friday Sale starting tomorrow and it looks like I'll be heading to my local store in the morning to pick my way through the leather.  I may as well stock up. Some choices are 40% off so I'll save enough.  

I wish they would send flyers in the mail like they use to but I can see how times have changed.  

I'm going to play with some already dyed Veg Tan leather instead of dying it myself.  I'm also going to pick up some tools so that I can start learning to carve leather.  All I do now for my holsters is basket weaving.

Are their stores open? I thought I read that they were closing most of them down to in store shopping?

In Phoenix only 2 of their 4 stores are open. They restrict customers to only 5 in the store at one time.  For the sale their hours have been extended so you need to call your store and see if they have changed hours.

You can also order your leather and accessories on line with the same sales prices.  I'm the touchy feely kind of shopper so I like to see in person what I'm buying.  Last leather I ordered was supposed to be red but turned out to be burgundy.  Customer likes the color so there was no loss.  Tandy would have taken it back if I wanted them to.  One of the reasons I like doing business with them.

Tandy... what a joke.

Opened a couple of links in the Canadian email flyer last night. Items sold out. And some of these items were showing as sold out on their web site days before the big "Black Friday" sale even started.  If you haven't got the goods, why advertise them as being on sale?

This isn't the first time Tandy has done this. Last year I placed an order for a fairly big ticket item and had to waste time days later discovering that the item was out of stock but not marked as such when they advertised it and they had cancelled my order. No notification - simply cancelled my order.

There are a lot of really good suppliers out there with better service selling better quality goods at fair prices who now get my money instead of Tandy.