DanishMan

Fortuna pulley shaft

Good evening friends

Last week I bought  an old Fortuna skiving machine in Poland.

I took the chance, since it is difficult to pack - and sure enough it had been damaged. The packet seemed very fine on the out side but something had happened on the inside.

The pulley had taken a blow, and the pulley shaft had been bent (the shaft is about 12 mm in diameter).

Anyone here with a pulley shaft to spare. I am interested in buying.

Kind regards

DanishMan

PS - the screenshot it from a mexican clone - but just to show the principle

Sunstar KM-76 PME copy 3.jpg

A question out of curiosity, i'm looking to buy a used Fortuna or FAV. Is the reason you are looking for a used spare part because new ones are super expensive, or is it because they are not available anymore for that machine? The reason I ask is because it might be worth for me to compare spare parts prices between Fortuna and FAV before I buy a machine.

If you haven't even looked for a new spare part (or maybe used from a supplier)

I would ask both http://www.sieck.de/ and http://www.fortuna-service.com/

Edited by Danne

Hi Danne

Right now, I have six skiving machines sitting in my workshop. And my wife has a newer Fortuna machine (with vacuum etc).

It is just a hobby for me, and the pulley shaft on the one, I just bought in Poland had received some beating - and had become bend.

If you buy an old skiving machines, that works - it is very hard to wear them out. They are so sturdy, and unless one use them 12 hours a day for 30 years, it is unlikely, that you have to buy new parts for them.

The old Fortuna machines are still build in China, India and Mexico, so in many cases you can buy new parts for them. 

It is very easy to find presser feet, knives, rollers etc.

Kind regards

DanishMan