Johanna

Cobbler Machine INTBuying

Saw this today- anyone know anything about it? Kinda interesting, and nice price point.

Cobbler Machine by INTBuying

ECO-WORTHY Hand Machine Cobbler Leather Sewing Stitching Machine Shoe Patcher for Manual Sewing Dual Cotton Nylon Line W/DIY Leather Tools Kit

Shoe Mending Machine

• UPGRADED PACKAGE - with more protected foam and new thicken carton, adopting a kind of thickened shockproof and anti-fall packaging materials, after repeated testings, the probability of product gets damaged greatly reduces. If you receive a damaged machine, please message us with a photo, we would send you a free replacement immediately.
  • DUAL COTTON NYLON - The sewing machine can sew different materials by nylon or cotton wire, such as cloth shoes, rubber shoes, leather shoes, sneakers, high heels, as well as raincoats, leather bags, cloth, trousers, or other leather products.
  • EASY SET UP - Need to set it up by yourself, the assembly is straightforward and simple. It will sew reliably and well once you get it set up right.
  • ROTATABLE - The walking foot works well, and being able to sew in any direction by turning the foot is really handy.
  • DIY Leather tool bag- This product has a handmade leather tool bag, which contains 48 leather tools, which can be used in the entire process of leather making. 

Type in "Chinese Patcher" into this forum or Youtube, there are plenty of posts

Someone pointed this out to me, and now I know what it is and why it's so cheap. Makes the explanation easy now. Thanks guys. I didn't know the keywords to search.

Do not waste your money

If it does what you want then it's a bargain, it's a poor mans Singer 29 which many find useful even though they have limitations on what it can do.Those who have them and have fine tuned them find them better than hand stitching and get reasonable results others seem to expect a higher quality than the price suggests and dont like them

On average most seem to need a bit of tidying up when brought

I bought one a few years ago, partly out of idle curiosity, partly so I could do repairs easier, and partly so I could run it as a feed-up-the-arm machine for occasional use.

I degreased and deburred the machine, cleaned the swarf and casting sand out of it, retimed the hook, found out which of the miniscule bobbins actually fitted the shuttle, put some half decent needles in. It worked, though not reliably enough to do neat looking repairs on. And every time I touched it or looked at improving it, a phrase about a silk purse and a sow's ear came to mind.

My curiosity was sated.  I continued doing repairs by hand. I found a real feed-up-the-arm machine. The patcher got sold on.

I remember watching a YouTube video of a guy who remade most of his from better quality and more artistic arms, levers and misc bits - very very nice.  His stand was also well designed and finished.  Must have been a motorcycle guy since his speed reduction from the motor was a chain drive! Lol

6B572F64-8AF7-464A-B608-C59600F210F6.jpeg

921F0ED0-702C-4826-9489-193F4F152709.jpeg

0A74873C-46EF-4D00-8A6E-9E8208A0E4FE.jpeg

C7D78CC8-4EDD-43AE-A03A-1AF21CDAC4C1.jpeg

Edited by DonInReno

There's a Facebook group dedicated to these & most of them seem to enjoy having to tinker with them & the even accomplish some sewing with them.

16 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

There's a Facebook group dedicated to these & most of them seem to enjoy having to tinker with them & the even accomplish some sewing with them.

I joined the group you mentioned and I’m impressed with how much fun everyone is having with these things.   My gut reaction is these are a really good introduction to sewing for people that otherwise would never consider a decent machine.

It piqued my curiosity so I ordered one today :)

Lets see.. 20 years ago when I didn't have any money and had time to tinker, sure, id give it a go. But in my current life I might only take one if it was free, if someone delivered it. and I needed a door blocked open because that's all I'd use it for is a door stop. 

16 hours ago, DonInReno said:

I joined the group you mentioned and I’m impressed with how much fun everyone is having with these things.   My gut reaction is these are a really good introduction to sewing for people that otherwise would never consider a decent machine.

It piqued my curiosity so I ordered one today :)

Be sure to let us know what you think of it after you get it sorted out.

ive had mine since july I love this thing when it is working and hate it when it throughs a tantrum. not to be sexist or rude but i treat mine like my wife. i whisper sweet nothings to it while sewing a project and hopefully i dont upset it while in the middle of the project. when it is upset i have learned that no matter how much i take it apart and put back together you still have to wait for it to calm down and be reasonable. I take it with me to craft shows and gun shows because it is hand crank no power needed and i can do repairs and custom orders on the spot which make me quite popular at these events, which is good for business. mine likes the #69 thread which is fine for me for wallets and bags. I have made some holster with it with no issues as of late but that thread is a little light for that kind of work in my taste. (im sure others will agree). I am trying to get the machine comfortable with the #138 thread but i am having some issues that i am trying to get worked out. The bobbin is small and with a full bobbin i can stitch a full belt and maybe one holster with it. several youtube videos show how to attach a servo motor to it and seems to work well that way. i havent attempted this yet. For anyone that gets this machine take your time during set up and take it apart (YouTube) sand, file, degrease, and lube before operation. otherwise you will hate the thing before it has a chance to impress. i have sewn as thick as 16oz with it and no issues. Be kind to it and whisper sweet nothings to it and it will surprise you.

2 hours ago, Missalot said:

ive had mine since july I love this thing when it is working and hate it when it throughs a tantrum. not to be sexist or rude but i treat mine like my wife. i whisper sweet nothings to it while sewing a project and hopefully i dont upset it while in the middle of the project. when it is upset i have learned that no matter how much i take it apart and put back together you still have to wait for it to calm down and be reasonable.

That's true of any piece of machinery. Never speak bad about the machine within ear shot of it. it it hears you it will act up. this is especially true of automobiles. they only break down in two places. The farthest from home or pay day which ever is further. 
That really is a superstation of mine and it's the only one I follow.