Sign in to follow this  
chrisash

What size bolts to fit servo to table

Rather silly question, but my servo arrived today but had no bolts to fit to table, original 111g155 table had large black servo motor fitted to table frame and not the  table top, so though you guys and girls may be able to give suggestion on what size drill and coach bolt i should use,i also guess it will need some washers .

Nothing in the house to try as not really into home or mechanical repairs (i.e. soft hands)

We call these carraige bolts here in the US,they are a M8 x 75mm long

motor bolt M8x75mm Long.jpeg

Thanks Bob, Bit surprised you use metric over their, you must be slowly catching up

1 hour ago, chrisash said:

Thanks Bob, Bit surprised you use metric over their, you must be slowly catching up

I wanted to use a size you could buy over there! Yes,there's alot of things in metric here & you almost have to try & put a wrench to it to find out !

15 hours ago, chrisash said:

the Problem is we do have both systems. and you don't know it till your cross thread a nut or round the head of a bolt. American auto's are the worst for it. is a 50/50 mix of metric and SAE. 
personally i'd rather see the metric system come into full use and standardized over here. Think of how much faster we could get children through school without having to teach them 3/8 x 4/5 = ? 

One more question is there a fixed position i should drill these three holes in the table for the servo on my 111G155  in relation to the cutout

I can work out the relationship from the servo but how far from the cutout of the machine is normal

Edited by chrisash

Would i be far out if servo fitted midway between cutout and edge of table with pulley centered on pulley hole

349743E0-6D7A-48A1-A098-639651F5009C.jpeg

8 hours ago, chrisash said:

One more question is there a fixed position i should drill these three holes in the table for the servo on my 111G155  in relation to the cutout

I can work out the relationship from the servo but how far from the cutout of the machine is normal

On a 111w you should get it back as far as it will go but not beyond the edge of the table top (in case you put it against a wall) so this way your motor won't be in the way when you mount your knee lift.

Many thanks to all, that gives me the information I need, will not have to worry about knee lift as already in place and the 108 centerline from the cut out looks the key distance but will check first before drilling