Arutemu

Round head knife

Not a leather piece per se... but still, leather-related :P

Lately, in addition to leather work, I've been interested in metal - knife making and such. I have been wanting to buy myself a good round head knife, but was put off by prices - they go for anything from $40-$100. So, I decided to take a stab at it myself. Designed a template in Photoshop, ordered 1084 knife metal, and voila! I was rather proud of my first attempt. Still, I can do better next time. This was a learning experience.

Edited by Arutemu
Title correction

9 minutes ago, Hardrada said:

How much was the metal?

About $35 + shipping. I still have most of it left after I made the knife.

You can see the prices/sizes here:

https://www.alphaknifesupply.com/shop/1084-carbon-steel

My apologies, I don't know why the pic is not displaying... :(

Neat. I was wondering because at one time I wanted to get a small steel plate for my arbour press and the prices seemed rather high. Then again, I'm not in the USA.

28 minutes ago, Arutemu said:

My apologies, I don't know why the pic is not displaying... :(

Maybe it's too big?

Edited by Hardrada

would definitely be nice to see an actual image lol !!

good job anyways...metalworking is fun ! !

• You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed per post. Manage Attachments to free up space
  •  
    •  

• That is what I see when i try to attach the image. However, when I go into My Attachments, I see a list of my images, but no option to remove/clear any. Any help appreciated here! :(

DSC03274.jpg

Edited by Arutemu

21 hours ago, Arutemu said:

when I go into My Attachments, I see a list of my images, but no option to remove/clear any. Any help appreciated here!

In your list of attachments, go to the right edge and there is a 'tick' box for each attachment. I can't tell how many attachments you have as when I follow your link, it loads my attachments.  But i Assume you have lots of attachments or large attachment like large photos or videos.  When you select the tick box, you will see a delete option pop up at the bottom of the screen.   I don't like to suggest you remove photos as that destroys the integrity of threads you have posted in.  But there might be a video or something hidden in the list that can be removed.  For videos, supply a link.  For photos, reduce the size and send them to me to edit your posts and replace.

4 hours ago, Northmount said:

In your list of attachments, go to the right edge and there is a 'tick' box for each attachment. I can't tell how many attachments you have as when I follow your link, it loads my attachments.  But i Assume you have lots of attachments or large attachment like large photos or videos.  When you select the tick box, you will see a delete option pop up at the bottom of the screen.   I don't like to suggest you remove photos as that destroys the integrity of threads you have posted in.  But there might be a video or something hidden in the list that can be removed.  For videos, supply a link.  For photos, reduce the size and send them to me to edit your posts and replace.

Thanks. but strangely, when I go into my list of attachments, there is no 'tick' box for any of them. The list loads without any option for selecting and/or deleting files whatsoever.

36 minutes ago, Arutemu said:

Thanks. but strangely, when I go into my list of attachments, there is no 'tick' box for any of them. The list loads without any option for selecting and/or deleting files whatsoever.

Are you on a phone, tablet, PC, Mac?  Are you full screen and can see right to the edge, need to use bottom scroll bar to get over there?  Maybe as a moderator, I may have controls you don't have.

Edit:  Just looked through your posts, you have just a few photos so I don't see why you should be getting such a message.  One thing you can do is shrink your files to about 1024 pixels wide and see what happens, what messages if any you get when you post photos.  It could be your photo you were trying to post was too large a file, and the error message was wrong somehow.

Edited by Northmount
added comments

Turned out nice. 

nice work it should do you well.