Parfektionisto

Need help with Singer 211U566A

To inspect the pin as mentioned above,  you shouldn't need to disturb the shaft.     

The ring should slide to the right on the shaft right where it is - though it might be snug.    No need to remove it unless you need to change the part.   

I would not touch the shaft at this point until you are certain it is necessary.

2 hours ago, BdB said:

To inspect the pin as mentioned above,  you shouldn't need to disturb the shaft.     

The ring should slide to the right on the shaft right where it is - though it might be snug.    No need to remove it unless you need to change the part.   

I would not touch the shaft at this point until you are certain it is necessary.

My concern now is to put back the eccentric disk and the spring, but I can’t figure out how to put it back in place, that’s why I’m thinking if I should remove the shaft. Do you know what I mean? Any idea how can I put the eccentric disk and spring bk in place? See what I mean in the pic below. 

31BBCDE8-E3CB-4AFF-A705-617DBBF1C3FA.jpeg

Edited by Parfektionisto

The spring simply holds the eccentric plate in place.   I have seen or heard someplace that the typical position of the collar is flush with the end of the flange's sleeve.  The collar has 2 set screws that hold it in place as you can see in your picture.   

I would suggest using a pair of sturdy needle nosed pliers with tape on them so as not to mar the shaft.    Compress the spring to the left using the pliers behind the collar.   Hold the collar in place with the pliers on the shaft flush with the end of the flange sleeve -- as you use the pliers to hold it in place,  tighten the set screws.

Were you able to inspect that the pin is in tact?

1 hour ago, BdB said:

The spring simply holds the eccentric plate in place.   I have seen or heard someplace that the typical position of the collar is flush with the end of the flange's sleeve.  The collar has 2 set screws that hold it in place as you can see in your picture.   

I would suggest using a pair of sturdy needle nosed pliers with tape on them so as not to mar the shaft.    Compress the spring to the left using the pliers behind the collar.   Hold the collar in place with the pliers on the shaft flush with the end of the flange sleeve -- as you use the pliers to hold it in place,  tighten the set screws.

Were you able to inspect that the pin is in tact?

Yes the pin is intact. The spring is too strong to be compressed by the plier

if you can´t hold down the spring and tighten the set screws at once ask someone for a helping hand or DIY a tool - f.i. a tube with a cutout lengthwise. Length: measure from end of the flange sleeve the to shaft bushing on the right. Just an idea.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Constabulary said:

if you can´t hold down the spring and tighten the set screws at once ask someone for a helping hand or DIY a tool - f.i. a tube with a cutout lengthwise. Length: measure from end of the flange sleeve the to shaft bushing on the right. Just an idea.

Still can’t figure out how to put the spring and disk back in place. Might need an adjustable clamp or some sort of plier to compressed it. 

Hi guys, 

Thanks for all the help and advices, really appreciate it. Anyway, I found a local repairman and he managed to revive the machine back to working condition. Problem resolved .

So what was the problem and how did he solve it?

1 hour ago, chrisash said:

So what was the problem and how did he solve it?

There are couple of issues, the main issue be it the feed driving flange and the feed driving eccentric adjusting disk alignment was off, as I mentioned earlier I notice the screws on the flange were loose. Then I actually created more problem by removing the clutch belt pulley and didn’t put it back in the right alignment. This repairman is very patience and professional. He took his time and patiently put back the eccentric disk and spring which I didn’t know how to put it back after dismantling it and start inspecting the rest of the issues patiently. It took him around 3 hours to fine tune all the alignments. I’m so grateful for that.